Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

My attempt at the challenge, I'm on an iPad so I have no idea what my word count is. 




Author's Chapter Notes:

Just to get some creative juices flowing. I hope you enjoy!!!  There might be some formatting issues. 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 



"This is just my luck!" Danny groaned kicking the gravel littered around the asphalt. The black material from his dress shoes were covered in dust now, a stark comparison to the shine that once strategically covered them. A waste of polishing. 

Three miles ago he was convinced that someone had to drive by. It was usually a busy interstate. 

Not tonight though. Everyone in town was at the reception of the largest wedding this godforsaken place had ever seen. The union of Isabelle Winchester,  the blushing blonde bride, daughter of the towns oil tycoon. Hours ago she adopted the last name of Samuel Schelin, self-made millionaire with a secret penchant for young boys and an increasing gambling addiction.

Moaning in disgust Danny glared down the long, bleak road ahead. He was at least four more miles from his home. Closer to the bed Isabelle rushed out of that morning in fear of being late to her wedding. Danny ran a tired hand through his inky black curls that mopped his forehead, his heart weary. 

He told himself there were plenty of fish left, but at 35 he was ready to hang up his pole and just rest. 

Since high school he thought that Isabelle would be that great catch, but she obviously wasn't. Too blinded by the monetary value of marriage she forsook his heart and affections. 

As the town doctor he didn't hurt for money, but prestige wasn't apart of the simple life he envisioned for himself. Unfortunately, Isabelle was in no means a simple girl. She wanted it all and more. Hence the profitable marriage to a near pedophile and the ongoing affair with her high school sweetheart. 

Now he was here. Dressed to the nines. Pitied by everyone. Alone. Deserted. Walking home because his pick-up chose this night to give out of him completely. 

Cursing again, he prayed that someone road by and rescued him from the dank voyage. 

A severe flash of light caught his eye, disheartening him further. 

Thunder. 

Rain.

Melodious pelts of fresh water to physically express his sour mood. 

Just when he was convinced all hope was lost. The sound of tires on pavement jolted him out of his reverie.  Turning he desperately flagged down the passerby, praying they halted.

Grinning as the dark vehicle pulled to his side after a shaky U Turn, he leaned into the open window.

"Need a lift?" 

Smooth dark skin, lightly painted lips, and large doe eyes greeted him. From this angle he could see that she was thicker than most women. Something inside him flared and sizzled. 

"Yeah I broke down a few miles down the road." 

"Climb in." He quickly obliged.

 "Thank you, I'm Danny, I live down the road."  Her hair was a texture he'd never seen. Not precisely curly, but thick and riotous. His palm immediately itched with curiosity. 

"Nice, I'm Destiny. I just moved to town." He eyed her smile, pearly and brilliant.

Perhaps a bit of destiny was what he needed. 

 






Chapter End Notes:

Feedback is always loved:) 

 

this challenge had some great entries!! 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.