Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hello! 

I did promise a new update. I am very disappointed with this update because it is very short. I do promise a longer chapter on either this upcoming Friday or Saturday. I promise. 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


“Did you really have to choke her?”

“Yes, she wouldn’t have left if I hadn't and if what you say is true then she needs to be far away.” Nikoli answered as he stood next to Seyurn as they waited at the end of the staircase for Carolina.

“I still don’t like it. By the way how did you know she was listening to us?”

“I didn’t at first but once Kendra was mentioned I heard the change in her heartbeat.”

“Why did you have to choke her Nikoli? That’s not like you.”

Nikoli crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the wall. “I can’t afford to lose her and right now she won’t talk to me but at least she’ll be safe…We stick to the plan.”

“What plan?”

They both looked at Carolina, who had a giant suitcase in front of her. Seyurn smiled slightly. “The plan is to keep you safe.”

Carolina’s face turned expressionless and her eyes became glassy. “Carolina?”

Nikoli watched in horror as Carolina’s eyes rolled in the back of her head and fainted. He rushed up the stairs and caught her before she hit the ground, “Carolina!”

“Yelling at her isn’t going to help.” Seyurn said as he got on his knees beside him.

“What’s going on?”

“I’m not sure.”

Nikoli looked at Seyurn, “What do you mean you don’t know? You know everything.” He felt Carolina’s body begin to uncontrollably shake. “Seyurn, you need to do something or I will kill you.”

Seyurn closed his eyes and placed his hands beside Carolina’s temples and began chanting. Nikoli watched helplessly as Carolina’s body slowly began to calm. “Nikoli, you really are an idiot.”

“What are you talking about?” He questioned as he pushed back the lock of hair that fell onto Carolina’s face.

Seyurn removed his hands from Carolina’s temple and placed them on his thighs.

“What the hell did I do now?”

Seyurn rose and began pacing with his hands placed on hips while Nikoli continued holding Carolina’s hand. “Well, did you ever tell her ancestors that you would protect her?”

“Yes, I promised her ancestors that I would always bring her happiness.”

“Okay. This is bad.”

“What?”

“Well, she’s not happy.”

Nikoli grabbed Carolina and swung her over his left shoulder. “She’s angry but I know she’ll get over it.” He responded as he turned to walk up the rest of the stairs that led to their room.

“Well…it is possible that her ancestors won’t.”

Nikoli stopped in his tracks. “What the hell do you mean?”

“Why don’t you put Carolina to bed.”

 

Nikoli nodded and walked towards their room. Once he reached the bedroom he sighed. He placed his hands on Carolina's back and placed her gently on the bed. While placing his hands on his hips, he watched Carolina’s chest rise with each breath. His current mindset was to get Carolina far away from Manteca, California and into New Orleans. Dread filled his entire body and he sat down next to Carolina. He placed his face in his hands and tried to contemplate his next move. 






Chapter End Notes:

What do you think? 

Once again I'm really sorry for the short chapter. 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.