Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hello! 

I will post up another chapter on Friday! 

Enjoy. 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


“It’s powerful, Nikoli. When you talked to her ancestors there was one of them that didn’t trust you.” Nikoli didn’t look at Seyurn as he entered the room. “The blood tie that linked you and Carolina, her ancestors created a loop hole.”

The news caused Nikoli to nod, “Well that makes sense. I always wondered why she would get intense headaches every time we got into an argument.”

Seyurn looked at Nikoli with a deadly expression. “You’ve been letting her get headaches?”

Nikoli shrugged, “I didn’t know it was a big deal!”

Seyurn rubbed his eyes in irritation. “Nikoli, I don’t know how you survived this long.”

“What do you mean?”

“Headaches are not common among vampires. Vampires as well as immortals are immune to many human things.”

“So…headaches are a bad thing?” Nikoli questioned.

“Yes! Good lord, you’re an idiot.”

Nikoli was about to respond but felt Carolina shift. He placed his hands on her hip in order to calm her. She sighed and rolled on her back. It forced Nikoli to lean on his left forearm while he pushed her hair out of her face. He stared at her peaceful face in fascination and realized that her cheeks were flushed. Nikoli sighed as he continued watching here, “What do we do?”

“Well, if you want to spend the rest of your life with her then I suggest that you keep your promise and continue making her happy.”

“That’s going to be extremely difficult,” He said as he sat upright and put his hands between his spread legs. “Given the fact that she fainted suggest that she is really angry at me. So that means…”

“She wants to stay with you.” Seyurn finished.

“This is going to be extremely difficult.”

Nikoli sat there trying to figure out a way that would keep both parties happy but came up with none. “If she stays, Kendra will kill her.”

“Then what do you suggest?”

“I don’t know! That’s what you’re here for! You’re my planning guy you always have a plan.”

Seyurn scoffed, “Wow, you are extremely lazy. I can’t go fixing all your problems. It’s sad that you’re centuries older than I am and yet you still won’t deal with your problems!”

“Mmm…please stop with the shouting.” Carolina pleaded in a small voice as she rubbed her temple.

“My poor Carolina, I’m deeply sorry that we interrupted your sleep.” Seyurn said with an extreme serious expression.

“She’s my Carolina.” Nikoli whined.

“Not if you keep that up.” Carolina said as she sat upright. “What happened?”

“Well, whatever Nikoli pisses you off your ancestors will get back at him by shutting down your body so that you don’t have to talk to him.”

Carolina’s eyes widened, “That’s extreme.”

“Very extreme,” Seyurn added.

“Why would they completely shut down my body? What if I get angry at him when I’m in danger?”

“I doubt they would put you in such a dilemma. I honestly can’t pin point the trigger.”

“So…my ancestors did that because…?”

“We’re not exactly sure why they would create such an intense punishment for Nikoli.”

Carolina turned her attention to Nikoli who remained seated as if ignoring her. She placed a hand on his back and noticed him tensing at her touch. “What’s wrong?”

“She’s here.”

“Whose here?” Carolina questioned as Seyurn cursed.

“Nikoli, listen. We have to keep her in the dark. Carolina is going to pose as my wife that you have under your protection.”

They both looked at Nikoli who remained tense. Carolina looked down to see that his knuckles had turned white. “Nikoli?”

“No, Carolina will just stay upstairs.”

“Nikoli, you know that she will sense her. It’s better to play this off with Carolina posing as my wife.”

Nikoli turned his gaze to Seyurn. He felt his eyes turn red with anger. “Over my dead body.”

“If you keep acting like this Carolina will be the dead body.”

The statement caused him to pause. The possible outcome of Kendra’s visit was simle if there was any hint of attraction between Carolina and himself Kendra would rip out Carolina’s throat. If she did think that Carolina belonged to Seyurn, Carolina would be ignored and treated as the help. The fact that Carolina would be treated as if she were gum on Kendra’s shoes infuriated him more. The doorbell rang bringing him back into the present. All three of them stood there looking at the doorway half expecting Kendra to show. Seyurn looked back at him and began walking down the stairs. Nikoli felt Carolina get off the bed and watched her following Seyurn. He lowered his head into his oversized hands. He could hear the muffled voice of Seyurn and Nikoli rose up his head while standing up and began walking down the stairs. Once he turned the corner he heard Kendra call Carolina a servant but it wasn’t the comment that angered him it was Seyurn, who had an arm wrapped around Carolina’s waist.

“I’m sorry but I have no idea who you are and I don’t want my husband letting you in and I doubt Master Nikoli will like your presence in his house.”

Pride filled Nikoli unexpectedly. Watching his woman trying to put Kendra in her place warmed him but it took every ounce of will power rid his face from any emotion. “Kendra, what in the hell are doing here?”

“Let me in, Nikoli.”

“Why should I? I haven’t seen you in five hundred years and frankly I've enjoyed the solitude.”

“Nikoli, let’s be reasonable. I don’t want to kill your beloved but I will.”

Nikoli sighed. “Fine, I’ll meet you outside.”

Kendra placed her hands on the door frame, “That’s not good enough! I want to be invited in.”

“That decision is left to Seyurn.”

She turned her gaze to Seyurn. “Little Asian Man, I would greatly appreciate it if you let me in.”

Seyurn smiled, “The Master recommended meeting you outside. That’s where you will meet.”

Kendra rolled her eyes in disgust. “I don’t know what Suyun saw in you.”

Nikoli watched as his closest friend tensed with anger, “What does Suyun have to do with anything?”

“She’s turned into quite the apprentice.” Kendra taunted.

Nikoli sighed, “Good lord, when did you turn into such a bitch? I thought I taught you better than that?”

Kendra turned her deadly gaze to Nikoli, “Nikoli, I don’t remember much from those days that didn’t involve a bed.”

Nikoli sighed, “Kendra, stop please. When I think of the past events that included you it’s nothing but a blur.”

Kendra’s smile slowly disappeared after Nikoli’s revelation.

“You loved me, Nikoli.”

“What do you mean?”

“I know you loved me! If you would’ve let go of that mysterious woman, you would’ve been happy!”

Nikoli sighed and leaned against the wall as he crossed his arms over his chest. “What a pitiful site.”

Kendra bared her fangs and hissed. “You would’ve been happy!”

“Kendra, I wouldn’t have loved you. You were just a selfish bitch that my dick enjoyed every once in a while.”

“I won’t let anyone one else have you, Nikoli.”

Nikoli laughed, “Kendra, did you forget that I can kill you will a flick of my wrist?”

Kendra paled, “I will kill your mysterious woman.”

Nikoli pushed himself from the wall and walked over to Kendra with arms still crossed over his chest, creating a monstrous look. “If I find out that you killed anyone here and there will be hell to pay.”

Kendra cringed due to the monstrous look of Nikoli and he took satisfaction in her appearance. “I won’t, but I will kill your mysterious woman.”

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

What do you think?

 

Kendra 

Suyun







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.