Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thanks so much for the reveiws! 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Jonathan grabbed Carolina’s arm, “We must hurry.”

Carolina tried to release her arm from his grasp, “Daddy, what’s going on?”

Tears began to form in her eyes as she looked at her parents doing nothing as Jonathan Alastor dragged her down the staircase.

 “I’m sorry, but Carolina you have done cannot be undone.” Her father said as he wrapped his arm around her mother’s waist.

Carolina started sobbing uncontrollably, “Daddy, I don’t understand.”

It was then that Jonathan reached the end of the staircase and turned to face Carolina. “Listen, you’ve just signaled my monstrous son, Nikoli. Your parents did everything right in order to protect you, but it seems that you’re doomed.”

“What are you talking about?!” She asked hysterically.

“You need to stop this! Your eighteenth birthday is in two months and you need to stop acting like a child.” Jonathan said as he forced her to follow him.

When they reached the garage he forced her into the back seat of the 1950 Austin A70 Hampshire. Carolina sat there sobbing and feeling as if her entire world was falling apart. She looked around in panic trying to get out but the locks weren’t budging. She looked out the tinted rear window to see Jonathan Alastor talking to her parents. Her father was listening to everything that Jonathan was saying while her mother looked at her with tears in her eyes. She began banging on her window trying to plead with her mother to help her. Jonathan nodded his head once to her father and made his way out to the car. She looked back at her mother while tears ran down her cheeks and watched as her parents turned their backs. Sally and Weston Alastor walked out with suitcases in each hand. Carolina sat in silence as the Alastor family got into the car and drove her away from the only life she had ever known. Jonathan was speaking to her, but all she did was sit there emotionally drained.

“Carolina, are you listening to me? If Nikoli catches—”

That was the last thing Carolina remembered before everything went dark.

When she opened her eyes she looked around realizing that she was still sitting in the car and the Alastor family wasn’t there.  She turned to open the door but it wouldn’t open.

“Boss, I think she’s awake.”

Carolina stopped all movement.

“Why don’t we indulge her?”

“You got it.”

The door suddenly swung open, revealing a group of men that were surrounding the Alastor family who were bound and gagged. Carolina screamed and pushed her way back from the scene, hurting her back when it banged into the opposite car door.

“Ah, we were waiting for you to wake up,” said the man who was standing next to the Alastor family, “Please, you must exit from that horrible vehicle.” He said as he scratched his beard.

Carolina remained in place and continued holding her knees to her chest.  “What if I don’t want to?”

The bearded man chuckled, “Then I will be forced to enter that horrible vehicle and drive you to my home.”

“I don’t want to go anywhere with you.” Carolina said softly.

The bearded man looked surprised at her statement, “Oh? Where would you want to go?”

“I want to go home,” she said sniffling. “I want be with my parents.”

He shook his head, “I’m sorry, but that is the one thing that I cannot allow.”

“Why not?”

“Please, will you come out? I will answer all your questions and tell you no lies.”

Carolina stared at him with intense concentration and felt no deception instead she felt happiness and vulnerability waving from him. She took a deep breath and slowly exited the vehicle, when she stepped out she noticed the front end of the car smashed in. She turned back at the Alastor family and noticed that Jonathan had blood running down the left side of his face, Weston looked at her with resentment and Sally was passed out leaning against Weston for support.

“There that wasn’t so hard.” He jokingly said, disrupting her from her thoughts.

“What do you want from me?”

The man sighed, “Well…you.”

“What?”

The bearded man rubbed his face with both hands and placed them in his pockets. “You were promised to me.”

“By who?”

 “By your ancestors.”

“Who are you?”

He laughed, “I’m sorry. I’ve forgotten my manners, I’m Nikoli Alastor.”

Carolina looked at Nikoli in shock, “Nikoli?”

“Yes and by your expression I assume that my family has scared you with my reputation.”

“The only thing your family has told me is that you were disowned.”

“That was centuries ago,” he said while looking at his father. “Father thought it would be best if the family turned their backs on me.”

“Please, let me go home. I don’t want to be part of this.”

“Do you even know what is truly going on? My dear Carolina, the only thing that I truly desire is to have you.”

“Why?”

“My dear Carolina, you’re exactly how she described.”

“What are you talking about?!” She yelled.

“You belong to me! You were promised to me, by your ancestors!” Nikoli screamed at her.

Carolina stood there feeling as if she was losing her mind. “I must be dreaming,” she said to herself. “I must be.”

“My dear Carolina, this is very real. Your parents tried to keep me from you, and they must pay…along with my family.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, I don’t like when people take what is mine.”

“You can’t hurt my parents or yours. They are innocent.”

“Innocent?!” Nikoli said while he laughed at her attempts to save these horrid people. “Did they even tell you what you are or what they are?”

“What are you talking about?”

“My dear Carolina, you must come with me. I will tell you everything, just come with me.” He said while holding his hand out. When she reached out to place her hand in his, Jonathan Alastor struggled trying to break free from the rope. Carolina looked at Jonathan, who continuously shook his head, and Carolina pulled her hand back.

“I’ll go with you, on one condition.” When Nikoli nodded she continued, “That you let our families live, and that no harm will ever come to them.”

“Fine, no harm will come to either family. In fact I will let you say goodbye to your parents.”

Carolina nodded, “I will go with you.”

Jonathan Alastor’s muffled screams were ignored as he they all watched Carolina put her hand into Nikoli’s.

 

“You will not be disappointed; I will make you the happiest woman alive.” 






Chapter End Notes:

What do you think? 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.