Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thank you for all the reviews!

I'm sorry for the short chapter, I will work on a longer chapter. Expect a longer chapter on Friday! 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


“What exactly did you do?”

Nikoli tensed, “Do you really want to know?”

Carolina looked at him while he continued to stare out at the road, “I can still ask you anything right?”

He nodded stiffly, “Yes, my dear Carolina. You can ask me anything you like.”

Nikoli hesitated. Carolina stared at him and watched as he struggled with the answer.

“What’s your favorite movie?” Carolina suddenly asked, wanting to change the subject. When she looked at Nikoli he seemed confused.

“What’s my favorite movie?”

“Yes, what is your favorite movie? I like the film His Girl Friday with Cary Grant. I really like Cary Grant he’s a great actor and Rosalind Russell is quite the comedian.”

“Who are these people?”

“Actors…I’m surprised you don’t know about them.”

“Why are you asking me this?”

Carolina sighed, “I think we’ve had enough of family history for one night. I do have one question pertaining to us.”

“Which is?”

“What are we going to do?”

“Well, I plan to take you to dinner.”

“What about after dinner?”

Nikoli smiled, “You’re going to talk to your parents.”

“You’re going to let me say goodbye to my parents?”

“Yes, I’ll let you say goodbye. I personally think that you shouldn’t.”

“Why shouldn’t I?”

Nikoli glanced at her, “You want my honest opinion?”

“Yes,” when he glanced at her she smiled. “I think I can handle the truth.”

“I think that your parents gave their daughter to a family they barely knew. I know that you believe that they did it in order to protect you, but they were dishonorable. They went against a promise that was made centuries ago.”

“What promise?”

Nikoli smiled, “I thought we weren’t going to talk about anymore family history?” When Carolina raised her eyebrows, Nikoli laughed. “Okay, I’ll tell you. When I was a simple immortal, I was popular with many of the village women.”

Carolina laughed, “Really?”

“I’ll have you know that I was quite popular due to my warrior skills.”

“What were your warrior skills?”

“Well, I was most famous for my ability to slice a man’s head off with one strike. My brother Mikael and I were most famous for our ability to slice a man open. ”

Carolina looked at him in horror, “You’re joking. No human being could do that.”

“No, but an immortal can, my brother and I use to challenge each other when it came to the battle field. I always won. There was no greater warrior than the Alastor brothers.”

“What do your talents as a warrior have to do with my ancestors and their promise?”

“A fortune teller’s daughter was found in my cabin. She was stating her undying love for me. I had to throw her over my shoulder, kicking in screaming, in order to get her home. When we arrived her mother stepped aside and I dropped her on her bed and told her that she was too young for me. Afterwards her mother offered a reading for free.”

“Is that when you found out about me?”

“That night, I found out about my future.”

Carolina’s eyebrows lowered in confusion, “Your future?”

 

“Yes, I found out about my future…with you.” 






Chapter End Notes:

What do you think? 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.