Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thanks so much for all the reveiws!!

Well I did promise a longer chapter and what was seven pages on microsoft doesn't look like much. 

Sorry! 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


“What was in our future?”

Nikoli glanced at her and smiled, “A child.”

“A child…I’m assuming that you believe it’s our child?”

“Yes, I do.”

“Not all fortune tellers are honest people. Do you believe her?”

“I didn’t at first. When she told me that I would become a dishonorable monster I had the audacity to laugh in her face. I remember telling her that the Alastors are an honorable family. While I sat there, with arrogance she looked at me with sympathy. She calmly told me that I will bring disgrace to my family because I followed my heart, but though darkness there will be light.”

Carolina lowered her head, “Which would be the child?”

“Yes, our child.”

“Why would you believe a fortune teller?”

Nikoli laughed, “Well, she has been right about you.”

“In what way?”

“You’re a bit of an odd ball.”

Carolina looked at him offended, “In what way?”

Nikoli smiled, “Well, no man or woman would speak to me the way you do.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’ve killed many people, my dear Carolina. People who know of me…they tend to walk in the opposite direction.”

“So, this fortune teller told you of my stubborn nature?”

“Yes, her words were that ‘it runs in the family’.”

“What do you mean?”

“It was your ancestor, Medline.”

“My ancestors were fortune tellers?”

“Yes, she told me that it would be her kin that would destroy my honor and restore it.”

Carolina looked at Nikoli and concentrated, there were waves of sadness coming from him, “In what way?”

“After I rejected Medline’s daughter, she kept following me. I remember coming back from raids and she would be waiting for my safe return. She would help my mother cook dinner in order to steal glances at me. It was a whole and I found myself growing close to her. When I was going to confess my feelings towards her was the day that she and the blacksmith’s son announced their engagement.”

Carolina looked confused, “I thought she loved you?”

“She did but she loved him more. When they announced their engagement, I assumed Medline of witchcraft. She told me that it was true love and that her daughter was supposed to make a connection, nothing more.”

“That’s…sad.” Carolina said as she looked out the passenger window.

“It was worth it, because it was the day that I laid eyes on you.”

“How was that possible?”

“Medline, she was a powerful gypsy. When she realized how upset I was, she gave me a glimpse of a peaceful life.”

When she was about to ask Nikoli about the vision, he pulled into Sammy’s Burgers. “What are you taking me to Sam’s burgers?”

“They make the best burgers and the owner is a good friend.”

Carolina looked at Nikoli with interest, “You are quite the mystery, Mr. Alastor.”

Nikoli parked the car, “Do you wish to go somewhere else?”

“No, it’s fine. This is one of my favorite burger places, they have amazing vanilla milkshakes.”

Nikoli smiled and got out of the car. Carolina noticed as Nikoli stood out the moment he pulled into the parking lot. When he opened her door, she stepped out and placed a hand on her stomach in order to calm her nerves.

The action was noticed by Nikoli, who placed his hands on each side of her face. “Carolina, what has you so nervous that it’s causing those beautiful lips to form a frown?”

“It’s nothing,” she told him.

Nikoli smiled and kissed her forehead, “You’re lying.” He said as he pulled back.

“Nikoli stared at her without blinking, “Fine, you will tell me later.”

When she nodded he wrapped his arm around her shoulders. It made Carolina feel safe and uncomfortable. When they walked into the crowded place it instantly became quiet. Carolina looked around for an open booth, when she spotted one across from the bathroom she gently placed her left hand on his and nodded to the direction of open booth. Nodding his approval he pulled her closer and sat down opposite of each other.

“Where are your friends?”

“They’re waiting outside.” Nikoli said as a waiter placed menus in front of them.

“Nikoli, don’t you think that it’s rude to leave your friends out there? They’re probably hungry.”

Nikoli picked up menus and continued to ignore Carolina. She sighed knowing that he was angry with her, so she decided to invite his friends.

She moved from the booth and mad her way outside while Nikoli watched with irritation. He watched as her movements became the center of attention. Carolina walked outside in anger, which caused her hips to sway side to side. Nikoli watched as the men eyed her as she walked over to Bobby’s convertible; she leaned over slightly in order to talk to Bobby through the passenger window. She moved back slightly when the car door opened and his ‘crew’ got out of the car. Bobby walked behind her and kept his eyes forward while the rest of the crew’s gaze remained on the pavement. When they walked inside the place was full of whispers.

When they reached the table and sat down. Bobby spoke first, “Boss, she demanded that we come inside.”

Carolina nodded. When the waiter noticed the arrival of more people they brought more menus as they eyed the five men. They were all tall men with well-trimmed beards, wearing fancy suits and tattoos that were peeking out from under their suits. They were mysterious men, in a small town with a colored girl.

“Gentlemen, what is the one that I cannot tolerate?” Nikoli asked the four men.

“Lies,” they said simultaneously.

Carolina sighed in irritation, “Gentlemen, how rude is Mr. Nikoli Alastor?”

“Ma’am, I’m not quite sure what you mean?” Bobby asked her.

“Well, from the short amount of time I’ve been in the company of Mr. Nikoli Alastor he’s managed to ignore his trusted men as they sat in the car starving. So…my question is how rude is Mr. Nikoli Alastor?”

Bobby cleared his throat, “Ma’am, Mr. Nikoli Alastor has taken care of all of us.”

“That wasn’t an answer to my question. Let me rephrase, how many times have you four waited in the car, while Mr. Nikoli Alastor enjoyed himself?”

“Enjoyed h—?”  

“Well, for instance you were about to watch Mr. Nikoli Alastor and I eat the most delicious burgers in all of Angel Camp. Does he do that often?”

“Umm…”

“What are you trying to prove, my dear Carolina?”

“That you can’t treat people like they’re guard hounds and not people.”

Bobby shifted, “Boss, she doesn’t know?”

“Doesn’t know what?”

Nikoli tightly shook his head as he looked at Bobby, “It’s nothing.”

“Doesn’t sound like nothing.”

It was then that a waitress came up with a pen and a pad of paper. “What can I get for you tonight?”

“We will all have a bacon cheeseburger with large fries and I’ll have a chocolate milkshake as well as the other gentlemen and the lady will have a vanilla milkshake.”

The waitress nodded while she wrote their orders down. “Will that be all?”

“Yes, that’ll be all.” Nikoli stated as he handed her all six menus.

She grabbed them with a smile, “Okay. The wait will be around twenty minutes. Would you like some water?”

“Yes,” Nikoli answered with a slight smile. “That would be great. Thank you.”

“Alright, I’ll be right back with those six waters.”

When she walked away, Carolina turned to look at Nikoli. “What are you keeping from me, Mr. Nikoli Alastor?”

“Nothing, it’s nothing. If it was I would not be discussing it in Sam’s burger place. I happen to like this place and want to create happy memories. I do not want to be reminded of the first argument that I had with you, my beloved Carolina.”

Carolina looked at him with understanding, “Fine, I’ll let it go…for now.”

“Alright, here are your waters.” The waitress said as she placed a glass of water in front of everyone. Carolina noticed that the waitress kept eying Nikoli, who was too busy staring at his watch.

“What’s wrong?” Carolina asked.

 “It’s nothing.” Nikoli answered as the waitress put his water in front of him. “Thank you.” He said as he smiled and then took a gulp of water.

The waitress smiled and then walked back to check on the couple that sat in front of them.

Nikoli felt Carolina’s gaze on him, “What is it?”

“Nothing,” Carolina answered as she fixed her gaze on her glass of water.

“You know, my dear Carolina. My patience is wearing thin, and your one word answers are really starting to upset me.”

“What do you want from?”

“The truth that is all I ask.”

“Well, how do you expect for the truth when you don’t do the same.”

Nikoli rubbed his face in irritation, “I’ve told you the truth, my dear Carolina. I do not wish to talk about our private matter in a public place.”

Carolina ignored him, “I don’t believe we were probably introduced. I’m Carolina Harris.”

“Well, as you know I’m Bobby Hurtle.”

The slender man with long black hair smiled, “I’m Jamie Callister.”

“I’m Morris Teller,” said a deep voice belonging to the man who sat next to Nikoli.

“Timothy Carlton.” Carolina looked at the blonde who sat stiffly next to Morris.

“Well, I look forward to getting to know you four better.”

“Don’t expect much.” Nikoli said drily. “I hope that you will be getting to know me as well.”

Carolina hushed him, “Now, what are your guys favorite movie?”

“Movie?” they asked simultaneously.

“Yes, what is your favorite movie? Nikoli has yet to tell me his.”

“Well, I’m a fan of Beyond the Rocks with Rudolph Valentino and Gloria Swanson.” Jamie answered.

“That’s a really good movie.” Carolina stated.

“Please, it’s a stupid story of a woman who cheats on her husband.” Nikoli stated angrily. Jamie lowered his head as the happiness seeped out of his body.

“Oh, hush Nikoli. What do you have against a movie about love?”

“It’s a movie about a woman cheating on her husband!” Nikoli said in a loud voice that caused some to stare at their table.

Carolina slightly jumped, “Nikoli, what’s your problem? We’re just talking about a movie.”

“Talk about another one,” he said angrily as he took another gulp of water.

“Ma’am,” Bobby said.

“You can call me Carolina, Bobby.”

“Ok…Carolina? I was wondering what you plan on doing.”

“Well, I had planned on getting a job and hopefully getting married.”

“What about school?” Jamie asked innocently.

“Well, I finished school early. I had really good grades and didn’t need to stay for the last month.”

“What are your plans with Nikoli?” Bobby asked.

Carolina looked at Nikoli who sat stiffly next to her, while eying Bobby with a disapproval stare. “I’m not sure. We haven’t talked about it.”

Bobby nodded, “Well, don’t let him keep you bare foot and pregnant once you turn eighteen.”

“Pregnant?” Carolina said. “Nikoli, don’t tell me that you plan on getting me pregnant when I turn eighteen.”

Nikoli sighed, “I was planning on it.”

Carolina laughed, “Well, I don’t know about children. I haven’t had any experience with children.”

“Here we are, with six bacon cheeseburgers, fries, and five chocolate milkshakes with one vanilla.” The waitress said as she placed a tray with food in the middle of the table.

 “Ahh… gentlemen this is what heaven looks like.” Carolina said as she smiled and rubbed her hands together.

When she grabbed her burger and took a bite out of the top half that wasn’t wrapped with wax paper. She moaned as she started chewing causing the entire table to look at her.

“I would prefer if you didn’t make sex noises at the table, that are causing my crew and I to become stiff.”

Carolina stopped chewing and looked at the four men who were all staring at her as their hands were hanging over the tray of food in midair.

“I’m sorry,” she said with her mouth full of food.

Nikoli sighed and grabbed his food, “Gentlemen are you going to eat the food that I’m paying for or are you going to let it go to waste?”

The four of them blinked and grabbed their burgers and fries. “Sorry about that Boss, it caught us off guard.”

Nikoli took a bite out of his burger and nodded. He took a drink of his milkshake before answering, “I know…trust me.”

They ate the rest of the meal in silence and Carolina tried to her best to keep from making any noise. Nikoli noticed how tense she was and put his arm around her and pulled her in close.  “It was an honest mistake. You just happen to be around a four males who can’t keep their heads out of the gutter.”

She nodded, “What’s really next for us, Nikoli?”

 

“Well, I’m going to pay for this food and then we will go say goodbye to your parents. You can still ask me anything that you like.” 






Chapter End Notes:

what do you think?

New Characters; 

Bobby 

Jamie Callister

Morris Teller 

Timothy Carlton 

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.