Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This is the Sequel to Blue Moon 





Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 1…

            Solana lied in the cold ultrasound room on the operating bed as she waited for the technician to enter the room. She looked at the white ceiling as she took a breath. She was nervous to hear the news about the growing baby inside her. She looked down at her swollen stomach and rubbed it to feel a kick. But nothing..she was getting a little worried about her pup. She was now 6 months pregnant. She was beginning to show because she had gotten heavier and gained weight over the past months. Her breasts were swelling with milk, her hunger became more aggressive and her feet were swelling as well. Her morning sickness were becoming less frequent now.

She kept rubbing her stomach..no kicks. Wasn’t her baby supposed to be kicking by now? But then she calmed down..she could still hear the baby’s heartbeat but it was soft.

Cruz held one of her hands from his seat next to her and told her to “Relax. I know you are worrying about the baby. The baby is fine. The baby is probably resting.”

Solana sighed “I think you are right. I am worrying too much.”

“Just relax. I can’t have you stressing while you are pregnant.” Cruz told her. Solana smiled at her mate. Ever since he found out about her pregnancy, he has been more over protective of her. He wouldn’t even let her go to the grocery store without one of the pack members with her to help her. He wanted her to stay stress free and well rested. He didn’t want her to carry a thing either except for his child, his pup. He had been frantic around the house as well; helping her baby proof the house, freezing leftovers away for her to eat in the middle of the night and buying necessary baby equipment. The two have been buying unisex clothing for the baby because they were unsure of the gender.

The two looked at they saw the female technician walk in in her scrubs. She was a small African American woman with her long dark curly hair in a ponytail that complimented her dark skin. She smiled at them both as she met them before in the past when Solana was in her first trimester. Sara Brown was her name. “Hello mom, how are you? How are you feeling today?”

Solana smiled back “I have been good. Sleepy all the time but I am hanging in there.”

“Well carrying a baby does drain your energy. How is your morning sickness? The last time we met they were pretty bad for you. You had to leave work early all the time because of it.” She spoke as she lifted Solana’s large shirt to reveal her swollen stomach.

“They are still around but my morning sickness isn’t as violent as before.” Solana answered.

“That’s great to hear.” Sara spoke as she put the warm green gel on Solana’s stomach before the ultrasound screen began to light up as she scanned her stomach. Solana and Cruz looked at the screen as they heard their child’s heartbeat. On the black screen they saw the shape of their baby. Solana smiled as she could see her baby sucking its thumb.

“Oh wow! Is the baby really sucking its thumb?” Solana asked in excitement.

“Yup! It looks like it. The baby appears to be sleeping. The little one is not moving around much but the baby is very much alive.” Sara spoke happily.

“Can we tell the gender of the baby now?” Cruz asked.

“Yes we should be able to by now since mom is in her second trimester.” Sara spoke referring to Solana. Sara concentrated on the screen as she searching around on Solana’s stomach. Sara then smiled as she saw what she needed to see. “It looks like we have a baby girl in there.”

Solana and Cruz smiled at the good news. “Aww we got a little girl. Now I can finally think of little girl names.” Solana sighed in awe.

“Your little girl seems pretty healthy in there. No doubt about that. You seem to be doing well Solana.” Sara spoke. Solana looked at the screen in awe. She couldn’t believe that she was having a little girl. It wasn’t real to her. She imagined what her little girl would look like. She imagined the baby would look like her with blue eyes and long hair; maybe her twin. The arrival of the newborn girl was more exciting than she thought.

 

            After the ultrasound, Cruz decided to take Solana out for lunch before heading home to tell everyone the news. The sat outside in a restaurant at a table with a large umbrella over their heads. The warm summer breeze of June was heaven to Solana and very relaxing as the sun was shining above them. She looked down at her stomach as it began to get in the way of the table.

“This belly is kind of getting in the way. I’m starting to feel like a whale.” Solana spoke before she bit into her Philly cheesesteak.

Cruz chuckled and said “This is only the beginning. You are going to get bigger from now on. I can’t wait to tell the pack the news tonight before you really start showing.”

“You think everyone is going to be excited about it?” Solana asked.

“They should be. When it comes to children they are pretty open. Well, I am the alpha male around here; they really don’t have a choice.” Cruz spoke. Solana nodded. She was actually a little nervous about the meeting tonight with the pack. It has been awhile since the pack had been together in one sitting. She wondered how everyone will take the news.

“We are going to tell my father and Eris first before the whole pack comes over. Since your grandmother and Dawn already knows.” Cruz spoke. Solana nodded again and rubbed her stomach again.

“I just wonder what this little girl is going to look like.” Solana said.

“I hope she looks more like you, with your blue eyes, long black hair, and that beautiful brown skin I love so much.” He told her. Solana blushed and said “I was thinking the same thing but I wouldn’t mind if she looked like you either. It would be nice if she had your curly hair.”

Solana then paused before eating her last bit of her cheesesteak. Cruz looked at her curiously “What’s the matter?”

“She..kicked.” she whispered as she looked at her stomach again before she felt another kick from the inside of her womb. “Matthew she kicked again..she hasn’t moved in a long time. I never felt so happy.”

Solana was so happy she was tearing up, she was getting emotional. Her eyes began to fill up with tears. She covered her mouth to keep herself quiet. She didn’t want to cry so loud. Ever since she got pregnant, she was been more emotional than ever. She would cry over the silliest things; watching the movie Old Yeller, running out of her favorite snacks, and sometimes picking the silliest fights with Cruz.

“I’m..sorry but I was a little afraid because she wasn’t moving around a lot like she should. I was getting worried. I read a lot of pregnancy books and they baby is supposed to be moving by the second trimester. I was so scared that—“

Cruz held her hand from across the table and tightly grasped it. “Baby, you just need to relax okay. I understand you are concerned about the baby but I think you need to relax. I can’t have you stressing while my pup is in there remember?” Solana nodded “I know.”

“Now we know that the pup is healthy. There is nothing for us to worry about for right now.” He told her. “So relax Solana.”

Solana took a deep breath. She needed to relax. She has been thinking about the health of the baby nonstop. Every time the baby didn’t move, she worries that something might be wrong. Solana couldn’t help feeling like that. She wanted her baby to healthy as possible. Solana just thought she needed a nap and nothing more.

She sighed “Yeah, I do need to relax. I need a nap. And maybe a good foot massage.”

“Anything my mate wants to make her feel good and comfortable. You can have anything you want.” Cruz spoke.

 

            The summer night sky hovered over Cruz’s backyard. He had the pack gathered around as his father Mr. Cruz was barbequing to feed everyone. Everyone sat around in chairs with beers in their hand and chatting amongst themselves. Cruz then held Solana’s hand as he brought her to the center of everyone to get their attention.

“Alright, everyone listen up! Solana and I have good news to share with you!” Cruz demanded.

Everyone around them stopped chatting and looked at their pack leaders including Eris and Mr. Cruz.

“We have been holding this secret for some time now. But we are ready to tell you all the news now.” Cruz began. “My lovely mate here is expecting our first pup real soon. She is 6 months pregnant now.”

The pack gasped and talked amongst them in excitement. Mr. Cruz and Eris were more surprised and excited than everyone else.

“Wow congrats man!” Kevin hollered as he whistled in happiness.

“Now, I don’t ask much from you all but to watch Solana when I can’t and protect her when I can’t. She is in a very fragile state and I don’t want any harm to come to her or our first born. Do I make myself clear?” Cruz demanded. All the pack members agreed they all said in unison “Clear!”

Cruz nodded at his pack members and looked at his father and Eris to the side of him. “Father, you are finally going to have the grandchild you always wanted.” Mr. Cruz smiled with pride and joy before saying “I can’t wait to finally meet my grandchild.”

Cruz then looked at Eris and said “So how does it feel that you are going to be an auntie soon?”

Eris gave Cruz and Solana a soft smile and said “I can’t wait.”

“Do you two know the gender of the child?” Kevin hollered from across the backyard.

“We are expecting our first baby girl. She will be the next upcoming Alpha in this pack.” Cruz announced.

The pack clapped and whistled in excitement of the expecting baby. Solana smiled proudly next to her mate as he held her closely to him. The barbeque continued throughout the night. Solana sat in her own seat by the grill to put her feet up. The pack members served her food just so she could rest her swollen feet. They treated her as if she were a queen. They all asked her if she needed anything, gave her beverages when she needed and even company when she needed someone to talk to. Solana had gotten so full. She ate 3 plates of pork ribs, several serving of macaroni salad, grilled chicken and hot dogs. She sighed in blissed as she rubbed her full stomach. She couldn’t eat another bite. Being pregnant was making Solana hungrier and hungrier by the day.

            While Cruz socialized with his pack members, Solana looked up as she felt Mr. Cruz’s presence near her. She smiled at him and asked “Do you need something?” Mr. Cruz shook his head “No, I was wondering if I could feel the baby?” Solana blinked for a moment and said “Oh sure. Of course you can.”

Mr. Cruz sat down in a chair next to her and gently put his hand on her stomach. He smiled when he began to rub it. “I can’t believe my grandchild is in there. I can feel her heartbeat perfectly. I can’t wait to meet her.”

“I can’t wait to meet her either. I want to see what she looks like. Will she look more like me or her father? I’m not so sure yet.” Solana spoke.

“I never thought I would have a grandchild this soon.”

“I didn’t think you would either but it’s happening. Matthew and I are doing this together.” Solana responded. Mr. Cruz nodded and said “And that’s how it should be. With you two together, things will be just fine. Have you two discussed names for the little girl?”

“We haven’t thought about any names yet because we weren’t sure about the gender yet. We will discuss them soon enough.” Solana told him before she yawned.

“My princess is tired.” Mr. Cruz pointed out.

“Carrying a baby makes a girl more tired than ever. I think I am going to call it a night.” She spoke as she stood up on her feet.

“Do you need any help going in the house?” Mr. Cruz asked. Solana shook her head tiredly “No I am good. Just make sure Matthew and everyone else cleans up before they leave. I am going to bed.”

With that said, Solana disappeared into the house to get some peace and quiet. She had enough activity for the day. All she wanted to do is go sleep and rest her feet. She was done for the day. Matthew watched Solana closely as she went into the house. He went next to his father and asked “Is she alright?”

“Solana is fine. I think she had enough and she called it a night.” His father spoke. Matthew nodded.

“So how does it feel being a father soon?” Mr. Cruz asked. Cruz smiled and sighed “To be honest father, I couldn’t be a happier man. I will make sure that no harm will come to either of them.”

 

His father smiled and said “Good because having a child on the way can make things a little more complicated.” 






Chapter End Notes:

I'm actually super excited that I am writing a sequel. If you haven't read Blue Moon, I highly recommend it so you can understand what's going on in this story. What do you all think so far?

Thanks for reading! 

Nsablo







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.