Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 


 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 4

 

Angel was sandwiched in between Shay and Francis as they walked through the campus to the girls late classes. Francis an Engineering major while Shay studied Computer Science.

 

The two ladies trapped Angel in the middle of their wordless venture to class. Angel had, had enough of their standoff. He'd only agreed to walk Shay to class not play referee to their bullshit.

 

"I can't take this anymore, ya'll need sort your own shit out this is getting ridiculous," Angel complained before telling the pair he would see them later.

 

The two stood in an awkward silence before Francis cleared her throat. "Shay listen," Francis began before she was quickly cut off by Shay's hand.

 

"I get it, I talked to your cousin about whatever this is and I get it, I don't need for you to reiterate it for me," Shay countered as she stalked passed the confused girl.

 

"Talked to who, Mickey, what did she say," Francis questioned as she grabbed on to her shoulder to stop her from moving away from her.

 

"To sum it all up for you, I need to stay away from you because I'm trash and you're just too damn good for me. Your platinum pussy is just out of my league quite frankly."

 

"Oh Shay, I'm so sorry," Francis said with sad eyes. Shay starred at Francis for a while longer before snatching her arm away and walking off.

 

"You don't even look upset about your cousin's rude ass statements. She doesn't factor in your life when it comes to this," Shay tried to reason. She reached up to stroke the other woman's face and sighed as she watched Francis shrink away.

 

"Dang is it that bad with your cousin," Shay whispered.

 

"Actually if I'm going to be honest shes the only one in my family that knows. I'm sorry she was such a asshole but to be honest this," Francis explained using her finger to gesture the space between the two. "Wouldn't work. You're a great person but I can't...it just wouldn't work. Last night was...I'll never forget the other night but this cannot become a thing."

 

"She's the only one that knows you're gay. Natalia doesn't know," Shay said in complete shock.

 

"First off I am not gay," Francis spat through clenched teeth as her eyes darted around surveying the surrounding scenery.

 

"Oh honey, we weren't braiding each other's hair if that's what you think being a lesbian means," Shay jeered showing an equal amount of aggression.

 

"I can't do this," Francis confessed frantically as Shay took the opportunity to place a gentle hand on her waist.

 

"Who would have to know? I mean you said it yourself that the other night was unforgettable so why can't we continue what we've got going on. Like no one would know but us and maybe your abnormally nosey cousin," Shay negotiated coaxing a smile out of Francis.

 

"And me," Angel interrupted from a few feet away as the girls finally realized he never really left.

 

Without another word Francis excused her and sprinted off in the direction of the Engineering building. Leaving Shay in suspension, Angel was left to comfort her. Wrapping his arm around her the two made eye contact.

 

"What do I do now?"

 

"What do you mean, you're the Maverick! If you can't pick yourself up from this then...I'll understand." Shay frowned.

 

"All that Miami tail can't be left alone just because you're in mourning. It's a tough job but I can fill your shoes," Angel said flexing his muscles. Shay snorted and patted his face mockingly.

 

"Fat chance, but thanks anyway," Shay responded as the two took off for her Computer Tech class...

 

 Later that Day...

 

Apologies are for the weak of heart and McGuire was not one of them. Days later after the coffee incident, she convinced herself that the cup "slipped" from her hand and "sprinkled" Munro's shirt. Mickey was left with the thought that apologizing may be her only option and that would suck.

 

Time seemed to move so agonizingly slow when he wasn't around. But when they happened to cross paths, he was seen prancing around with Zoe; her heart threatening to flat line at the sight.

 

She would watch them walk to class, Munro's arm being locked into a vice grip curtsy of Zoe White.

 

All she wanted to do was gag.

 

Nevertheless she wouldn't let that affect her, and finally one day after practice she saw her opportunity.

 

Munro was leaving the engineering building and for once he was by himself. If only for a moment that would be enough time to persuade him to see things her way. She saw Francis call out to him from the door. Mickey was grateful because just maybe that would give her enough time.

 

She walked to the side of the building where she knew it would be. Finally she found his car an all black 1973 Chevrolet Camaro Z28. Munro had a tendency to be very trusting so she banked on the fact that the door was unlocked. It was!

 

When she saw the handle click as she pulled it up a warm sensation flowed through her; success. Mickey saw he and her cousin part ways and she eased open the door and slid into the back seat waiting for him in the back seat of his car. Crouching down low she was almost shocked that he didn't look in the backseat. The tinted windows provided some protection for that. She inhaled deeply as he slid into the front seat and turned on the ignition. He always smelled clean with a hint of Ralph Lauren cologne.

 

Munro switched on the radio and she watched as he took the road. She noticed that he was about to jump on the highway and Mickey knew it would be safe to reveal herself. Munro would probably have a heart attack but surely he would never leave her on the side of the road.

 

She carefully slid into a seated position without giving herself away and she looked around. The traffic was close to nonexistent. Bracing herself for what would backfire on her, she cleared her throat.

 

Munro who had settled on Rudimental didn't hear the interruption at first. But when he felt fingers delicately tapping his shoulder, he swerved almost hitting the upcoming median. He guided his car off the exit looking into the backseat to Mickey with a guilty expression harbored on her face.

 

Grinding his teeth he exhaled and pulled into a gas station and parked. Putting his head into his hands he waited for his breathing and heart rate to level out. To say he was mad would be an understatement. He was pissed.

 

"What the fuck, McGuire?" Munro groaned gripping the steering wheel as his knuckles turned white.

 

"Is that the response I get for trying to surprise you? No, hey how ya doing? Or wow what an awesome unexpected treat." Mickey stated pulling the shirt over her head.

 

"What are you doing?" Munro asked as his eyes darkened at the sight of her brown bountiful chest. Angry at how his mood was now dancing in a cyclone of fury and desire.

 

"I'm surprising you what do you think I'm doing?"

 

Pulling the key out of the ignition he took a deep breath. Mickey was going to be the literal death of him. With his hands combed over his face he closed his eyes and pressed his hands to her face. Munro opened his eyes when he felt her snake her way into the front seat. He looked at her to see that shy of some sexy lingerie she is naked.

 

"You need to put your clothes on and get out of my car," Munro ordered in an unconvincing voice. Mickey smiled as his voice shook lightly.

 

Mickey slid herself into Munro's lap and unclasped the front of her bra. Munro watched uncomfortably as her breast poured out of their restraints bouncing up and down.

 

Munro grabbed her waist in an attempt to move her from him but she took hold of his hands. She slid his large hands down her wide hips to palm her firm rounded bottom. Mickey smiled as she felt his strong hands grip her ass. Continuing the impromptu tour she steered his hands up the curve of her waist until they settled on her large mounds. Pushing them up, he kneaded and pushed the twins together.

 

Munro watched as Mickey bit her lip in response to his assault on her body. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her tight against him. She arched her back and purred as he trailed his hand down her spine. He loved Mickey like this, bent to his will.

 

As Munro's fingers danced on her smooth skin he imagined them inside her. On cue as if she were thinking the same thing Mickey began to grind her hips against his; Munro bit back a moan.

 

He was supposed to be infuriated with her petulant childish ways. Munro squeezed her tits together thinking about how tired he was of her overreacting. Mickey squeaked and squirmed in his lap. Mickey needed to be taught a lesson. CRACK! Mickey's back arched as Munro's hand slapped her butt check with fury and power. Eager to escape her punishment Mickey made a dive for the passenger seat. Munro chuckled as he pushed the seat back a few inches. Mickey sighed helplessly as it dawned on her that she was caught between the steering wheel and a hard place.

 

"Munro I'm-" Mickey started to apologize but was cut off by the sound of his hand connecting with her firm plump derriere.

 

"Let me remind you that you came here," SLAP "begging for a second chance with me after you threw your coffee on me." Munro jeered through clenched teeth as he delivered another round of delicious strikes against her backside.

 

"You piece of shit," Mickey cried out as Munro spanked her ass into a painful numbness. Munro used his forearm to hold her down by the back of her neck. He gazed at his work in satisfaction, staring at his detainee. Mickey found herself on her knees in a effort to retreat to the back seat away from the thunderous blows.

 

Munro grabbed a fist full of her hair and yanked her back into him, with Mickey straddling his lap. Munro fitted her against his hardness with her plush pillows pushed against him. He yanked her hair back far enough for him to get a clear view of her face. He took his other hand and stroked her face. Mickey could barely breathe as she shook in desperation. She skin felt as if every single pour was inflamed; she needed relief. Mickey took her hand and timidly ran it down his clothed chest. Munro tightened the grip he had on her face and pushed her further back against the steering wheel.

 

"Did I give you permission to touch me?" Mickey shook her head frantic hoping he wouldn't make it end.

 

"You need to learn how to listen to directions," Munro stated loosening his grip on her face and allowing his hand to slide down her neck. Mickey moaned as she felt Munro's hand caress her neck at a feather pace. Munro leaned back and admired Mickey's beautiful brown body gyrate in his lap.

 

Munro growled as he noticed gooey secretions leaking on the rough texture of his black jeans. Munro used his large hand to still her small waist.

 

"Be glad I'm wearing a dark color," Munro snarled as he slid his hand down her wide hip and thighs to hover just under her weeping mound. "Clearly you need a plug, you're leaking like a faucet."

 

With those last words Munro thick ring and middle entered her while the rest of his hand cupped her mound. Munro rubbed his fingers against the walls of her sex careful to avoid her g spot.

 

"I need...for what I said to you...for what I did...I didn't mean it," Mickey panted and pleaded dancing over the apology in a gasping frenzy.

 

"It doesn't work like that my dear Cherry pop. You don't get to disrespect me and get away with it," Munro chastised in a gravelly tone before pressing his thumb over her clit.

 

Mickey arched back and pumped onto his fingers and right as Munro felt her lock onto his fingers he pulled out of her weeping center. Mickey looked confused and disappointed as Munro deposited her into the seat next to him. Reaching in the back he fetched her clothes and handed them to her.

 

"What are you doing?"

 

"I'm taking you back to campus," Munro said reaching over her into the glove compartment. He grabbed his sunglasses and put them on. Mickey gritted her teeth but continued to put her clothes back on. Knowing it was best to keep her mouth closed.

 

The two rode in silence back to campus. Mickey glanced over at him desperate for some sort of acknowledgment. Nearing the campus Mickey decided to make a last ditch effort.

 

"Look West I think you may be blowing this out of proportion. I get that you're mad at me but you need to check your little friend before she gets her feelings hurt," Mickey threatens as she watched his fingers grip the steering wheel knuckles turning white.

 

"Do you ever get tired of being the bad guy, oh excuse me bad girl?" Mickey frowns at his statement as he pulls over next to the beach across from the Wet Willies.

 

"Why are we at princess's job," Mickey questioned but already know deep down inside what the deal was.

 

"Don't change the subject," Mickey threw him a look of contempt that also read 'whatever asshole.'

 

"I had forgot that Zoe had to work tonight. She's gonna need a ride from work and I don't want her to have to take the bus home." Mickey rolled her eyes and snorted.

 

"Okay Captain Save a Hoe, heaven forbid she'd have to find her own way home, you gonna wipe after she shits," Mickey charged, fuming that they were sitting outside waiting on this broad.

 

"Calm down."

 

"Where is she gonna sit might I ask? With all of this luxurious space in your vehicle I wouldn't want her to be uncomfortable in the back seat," Mickey sarcastically jabbed before looking over at him to see that he was looking between her and the back seat.

 

"Oh hell no," Mickey retorted.

 

"Be a team player you know she needs space after she works in that joint all day. Besides we have some things we need to talk about before she gets in the car," Munro explained she sucked her teeth again.

 

"This is the fucking worst dude," Mickey grumbled before she turned to face the window. Her lips pursed together allowing him to continue. Munro exhaled and sat back in his seat.

 

"Like it has to be hard blaming others for your problems and not being able to apologize for your own shit. I could see if there was a magical leprechaun making life hard for you but there isn't. There is no leprechaun, no unicorn, no tiny people under the stairs, its you," Munro explained as if he were talking to a five year old. Mickey sucked her lips hard against her teeth and bit her lip to keep from saying anything.

 

"You know what, yes I was out of line when I threw my drink at you.Yes I need to learn how to deal with certain things, my own shit being one of them but I will continue to reiterate that you need to check your trashy ass friend."

 

"Zoe has nothing to do with this she has been nothing but nice to you and you don't give her an inch. Last year you accused she and I of secretly being in a relationship then you damn near killed her because you thought she was cheating on me. Remember that," Munro said in a knowing tone that made her roll her eyes.

 

"No, I don't remember that."

 

"Let me jog your memory," Munro flipping through the videos on his phone...

 

Mickey had been following Zoe for an entire day. Following her to her part time gig at Wet Willies then off running errands around South Beach.

 

'What is she doing so far from campus," Mickey asked herself as she tailed behind Zoe White.

 

She watched as Zoe checked her watched and waited as the airport shuttle bus pulled up almost in front of her. Mickey watched as people began to unload off the bus and when a tall young man with dirty blonde hair stepped off. He was gorgeous a younger more fashion runway version of Paul Walker. The supermodel type made his way toward Zoe cautiously. She smiled and waved before throwing herself on him.

 

He cautiously wrapped his arms around her waist as Zoe went to squeeze the life out of him.

 

Mickey hid behind a bush and watched their interaction.

 

"I'm so glad you made it Malachi" Zoe cheered more enthused than the man she was retrieving.

 

"I wouldn't miss this for the world," he murmured in a deep voice leaning down to give her a kiss on the forehead. Mickey burned with anger as she watched this two timing slut move in on someone as she just got into a relationship with Munro.

 

Mickey watched as the two made their trek back to campus, falling into a comfortable groove.

 

'How dare this slut cheat on Munro with this sack of shit,' Mickey silently chastised while whipping out her phone and taking pictures. She began fiercely texting as they closed in on Zoe's dormitory. The pair went in while Mickey waited outside tapping her foot impatiently.

 

Munro soon approached minutes later looking agitated and confused at the same time.

 

"Steel what in the hell is this?" Munro said through gritted teach. He clutched the phone tightly in his hand.

 

"I just wanted you to see what I saw. She walked in there all ole buddy ole pal type shit with that guy. You need to check your chick or I will. She cannot and will not cheat on you," Mickey pleaded with the man who stood in front of her confused but deep in his chest he felt pride. An aplomb that bubbled in his chest and made him feel like he was important or worth it. Even in the Miami heat Munro felt the goosebumps set his arms afire.

 

Mickey looked so distraught that the moment because she didn't want to lose any chance of being with Munro to Zoe but she would move mountains to make sure no one hurt him.

 

"What are you saying?"

 

"I'm saying that if Zoe makes you happy then do everything you can to let her know she's yours." Munro almost smiled at Mickey's honesty she was so flushed out and candid.

 

"So you wouldn't mind if I pursued Zoe, if she and I made things official," Munro questioned taking a step forward to the woman who would be shivering in anger if she wasn't always so stiff with her emotions.

 

"Yes."

 

"Positive," Munro questioned again only to be rewarded with a scowl from Mickey.

 

"Listen, you need to do it soon because your dog is sniffing up someone else's tree, and while you're at it get a leash for her collar," Mickey spat before turning on a heel to Zoe's building. Munro rolled his eyes and shook his head this girl was unbelievable.

 

"So you have nothing to say to me woman." A annoyed expression breezed across her face.

 

"Come on you jerk, ain't nobody forget about your little birthday. You want a parade or something," Mickey argued.

 

The pair walked into the building and took the stairs to the second floor. Mickey looked ready for battle while Munro stared largely at her ass the entire way up.

 

'Not a bad view for the birthday boy,' Munro boasted proudly almost wanting to reach out and touch.

 

Mickey marches up to Zoe's suite number and bangs on the door. She opens her mouth ready to unleash a tyrannical slur of cuss words. Mickey reached for the knob and the pair were shocked to find it unlocked. Munro grabbed her arm and pushed her behind him. He slung the door open and what seemed like the entire campus had descended into the suite's living room.

 

"SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUNRO," the room shouted before a deafening cheer soon followed. The crowd swarmed him pushing him further into the room while Mickey stood frozen at the door.

 

Francis walked up and slung her arm around her confused cousin. Mickey glared with her arms folded tightly over her chest.

 

"Relax chick, before people think you'll explode. What's wrong anyway?" Francis asked completely oblivious to her best friend's unrequited adoration.

 

"Nothing I was just shocked at the length she went to, why didn't anyone tell me so I wouldn't be standing here looking like a total idiot?"

 

Francis began to pull her further into the suite so the pair could keep eyes on the birthday boy.

 

"Since you two have started that partner assignment for that Human Sexuality class, you guys spend every moment together. Zoe didn't want you to slip up and spoil the surprise for him especially since she got his brother to fly down from New Jersey."

 

Mickey stopped in her tracks,"brother?"

 

"Yep, his older brother, that man is a fine piece of work if I do say so myself. He's twenty-eight years old and working on his doctorate," Francis began rambling off.

 

"Did you print off his resume," Mickey jeered as Francis cut her eyes at stuck out her tongue. Mickey rolled her eyes and walked toward the kitchen to get a drink it would be a long night.

 

Mickey took that time to steal glances at Munro who was being carted around by Zoe like some side show at the circus. 'Somebody please give this chick Oscar,' Mickey thought to herself. Some time later the party was in full swing as party goers were feeling the effects of the alcohol. Mickey had to admit that this was a good party and Zoe could pat herself on the back. Mickey scoffed as she watched Zoe float around the room looking like the perfect hostess. Nobody gave a shit though. People were there because of Munro, they could have had this party in a shack during a hurricane people still would have shown up.

 

"You know she organized this entire shindig herself," Colleen said as if she was defending Zoe from the big bad McGuire. "Cut her some slack, you're too hard sometimes. She's his best friend, all she wants is what's best for him," Colleen reasoned with Mickey who was too engrossed in what was going on across the room.

 

"And I don't? Big bad Mickey wants nothing but the worst for others," Mickey slurred as the liquor was taking its toll on her showing her colors.

 

"I never said that and you know it. I just want for you to stop looking at her like she's out to get him. They have been friends long enough for Munro to be able to take care of himself," Colleen urged convincingly.

 

"Certain people still thought it was okay for me not to know about this, almost like they didn't want me to come," Mickey said in a small uncertain voice. "What am I thinking Leen, he could do a lot better than me. Look at her," Mickey said as she backed up against the fridge. Colleen felt her blood run hot. Mickey always felt inferior to everyone whether it was academics or large social settings, the soccer field was the only place where she felt at home. The field was where she won her battles even the ones you couldn't see.

 

"You listen to me McGuire Steel because the liquor is making you sound like a dumb ass," Colleen ordered while steadying the girl on her two feet. "Contrary to what you think she was calling him all day to make up an excuse to be here, and where was he? He was off gallivanting with you. We were about to break down and have his brother call him," Colleen explained causing Mickey to snort in laughter. "Baby you are good enough and I think he sees that; hell if he didn't before he does now," Mickey looked up to see Francis, Angel, Munro, Darius, Zoe, Shay and Munro's brother Malachi all staring at them.

 

"Listen I'm gonna go, tell Francis I wasn't feeling well," Mickey rambled as she watched Francis put her cup down to make her way over. Without gauging a response from Colleen she made her way toward the door.

 

Mickey turned around and waved absentmindedly at the group. From the moment the door shut she fled the building. Taking the stairs four at a time she was gasping gulps of air by the time she got to the double door exit.

 

Slumping down on a nearby bench she let the cool February breeze kiss her hot flesh. She sat and stuck her fingers into her jean pocket. She pulled out a thin black jewelry box. She opened it and fingered the gold chain inside. Mickey had saved up from working over Christmas Holiday to buy him a birthday gift.

 

'To be the boy born on Valentine's Day, I would follow him to the ends of the Earth.' Mickey thought to herself. She clasped the case shut and gripped in her fist.

 

Sticking her head in between her open legs she never noticed the approaching figure. Mickey jumped when she felt a hand clasp her shoulder. Mickey grabbed hold of the hand and went to swing with her other fist when it was caught midair.

 

"Whoa there slugger," Mickey jerked away and was face to face with Malachi brother to her crush.

 

She stood at her full height and like his brother she was eye level to his wide chest. He crossed his arms under his pecks and smirked. Mickey took him in. His sun kissed skin complemented his curly blonde hair. His eyes much like his brother but less piercing more observant. Mickey found herself fidgeting under his gaze. Her lower lips didn't ache as they did when Munro studied her, now she ducked her head as if an older sibling or authority figure was scolding her.

 

Malachi chucked and nodded toward the bench as if to tell her to take a load off. Mickey took a seat next to him. Her back was rigid as if the hard wood behind her was ice cold. Malachi leaned back and threw his long arm over the back of the bench. Malachi grasped her shoulder and dragged her closer until she was right up under him. They sat in silence until Mickey seemed to relax into his embrace.

 

"So I didn't know Munro had a brother, I mean had you for a brother...what I'm trying to say is that he never talks about you," Mickey muttered fixing her gaze on his outstretched legs. Malachi had a hearty laugh.

 

"No worries darlin'," Mickey smiled at the southern drawl that swam around in his accent. "I wouldn't expect him to talk about me; hell I would be surprised if he did."

 

"You guys aren't close," Mickey stated without question in her voice. Malachi shook his head in affirmation.

 

"Well what's done is done, now that I'm here I hope we can work on moving in the right direction," Malachi said confusing Mickey. Had something happened between the two brothers?

 

As if reading the questions swirling around in her head Malachi smirked,"that's water under the bridge and a story for a later date."

 

The two sat in silence for a while longer before Malachi gestured toward the rectangular case Mickey was fiddling with.

 

"Present for the birthday boy," Malachi asked humor laced in his tone. "Looking at you hell I would have thought you were the present." Mickey blushed at his cheekiness.

 

It was clear to her that Malachi was not the one to take her cold demeanor seriously. Her off-putting nature made him gravitate to her more. Malachi felt that her nasty disposition was just her way of not dissolving. Malachi understood why she needed to be solid without corrosion. If for a second she wilted, if for a moment she cracked the entire infrastructure would collapse. Mickey was just like his grandmother. The one Munro gravitated to but only Malachi could identify with her.

 

"I was hoping he would like it. It's nothing really," Mickey groaned as Malachi chuckled into her hair.

 

"I'm sure he'll love it," Malachi whispered into her ear allowing his warm breath to tickle the thin hairs on her cartilage.

 

From an outside perspective anyone who passed by could look at the two and see a couple enjoying the cool evening.

 

Suddenly someone cleared their throat loud and aggressively. Mickey turned to see Munro standing behind them. She could almost feel the fury radiate off of him. Mickey pulled away from Malachi but not before he placed a kiss to her forehead.

 

Munro gritted his teeth before exhaling like a bull at a rodeo show. Malachi chuckled slapped a hand on Munro's shoulder and headed back inside the building.

 

Munro shuffled his feet before deciding to stand right in front of her. Mickey was confused but it didn't last for long as he grasped her arm and pulled her out of the seat. He sat down and jerked her by the waist until she fell back into his lap.

 

"I see you've met the famous Malachi West. So what do you think?" Munro asked breaking the icy silence

 

"To be honest, I don't know what to think because you've never mentioned a brother before and I quite frankly don't know what to say," Mickey explained

 

"My brother and I haven't been on speaking terms up until recently," Munro explained to Mickey as he tightened his hold on waist.

 

Mickey noticed his action and glanced around to see who was watching. She realized that no one was watching because there weren't any eyes around. It seemed to her that they were the only living people around in the area.

 

"Well maybe you guys can start fresh, how long is he staying for?"

 

"Hopefully no longer than necessary," Munro argued silencing her persuasion that his brother could be a good person.

 

"Let's change the subject for a second birthday boy," Mickey suggested in a low voice that was in contrast of her loud beating heart.

 

"You got something for me," Munro questioned pulling her tighter into his frame. She nodded but ducked her head as he tried to look into her eyes. "Show me."

 

"No, I'm sure your little girlfriend bought you the gift of the century. Why aren't you up there drooling over her?"

 

"Maybe because I'm out here with you. Now stop stalling and give me my shit woman," Mickey snorted at his demanding tone. She sighed and pulled the long case from her side. Munro watched her fiddle with it awhile longer before swinging it over in his chest and letting it drop in his lap.

 

Mickey then got up as fast as she could and made a break for the door, speed walking back to the party. Munro shook his head and laughed at her eagerness to get away from him.

 

Munro used his thumbs to open the black rectangular case revealing a gold chain necklace. He carefully detached it and hooked it around his neck. The chain felt cold and tingled the back of his sweaty neck. It was heavy and he could feel the metal as an ocean breezed kissed his open skin.

 

Munro smiled and slid the box into his pocket and swaggered back to his party feeling as if he had just been crowned king.

 

He walked in to the entire party dancing and feeling the music. Nicki Minaj feat. Drake 'Moment for Life' blared out of the speakers.

 

Munro watched and smiled as he saw Zoe and Mickey dancing within the same five feet of each other. To any outsider it looked like they were two friends battle dancing. Malachi standing behind them bobbing his head to the music looking like a rap artist and the girls his backup dancers.

 

He watched as his brother wrapped an arm around Mickey and smirked in his direction. Munro felt his chest tighten and that made him frown deeper.

 

"Where is your brother anyways," Mickey asked as Munro trailed off before he admitted something he had no intention of admitting to anyone.

 

"Who cares, this is about you and Zoe? You need to show her some respect, she's my friend," Munro scolded trying his hardest to take her thoughts away from Malachi. Last thing he wanted is for her to be thinking about this brother.

 

"Why does everything have to be about that girl. You never say anything to your friends when they talk crazy about me aka Jeremy."

 

"Maybe because you have never been nice to him; not one time."

 

"What does that have to do with anything," Mickey asked not getting why her observations deserved a tongue lashing from his idiot friends.

 

"Everything, maybe I could bring you around more if you acted like you had some sense," Munro shot back.

 

"Oh so I'm not good enough to hang out with your friends if that what you're saying. Only your precious Zoe is good enough."

 

"You're putting words in my mouth now. All I'm saying is that you need to respect her place in my life. Zoe is important to me and I can't lose her or any one of my friends over this. At the very least can you please watch your mouth." Munro desperately wanted to slap tape over his mouth he had no idea what he was saying.

 

"Well if you care so damn much maybe you should be fucking her instead of me," Mickey snapped back angry at his defensive demeanor. Munro rolls his eyes at her abrasiveness toward him.

 

'He never bats an eye for me. I'm like the fat kid on the playground who gets knocked down and the teacher rolls his eyes. While Zoe on the other hand is the sickly kid who fake wheezes and everyone falls to her feet,' Mickey thinks to herself getting even more riled up.

 

"At this rate I need to be, because clearly she would shut the fuck up long enough for me to be happy," Munro snapped once again unable to catch himself. Mickey could no longer hide her wounded expression.

 

"Fine," Mickey whispered. She began gathering her things preparing to leave. Munro reached out and grabbed her shoulder.

 

"Wait Mick," Munro muttered as she looked at his downcast face expectantly.

 

Silence was so thick in the car as Munro sat there not knowing what to say. Mickey tried to hold out hope, not wanting to hear the inevitable. Not desiring to taste the truth.

 

Then his phone vibrated right under the console breaking from the tension long enough for them to read the name.

 

Zoe

 

"You'd better answer," Mickey whispered before getting out the car door and crossing the street. Munro felt like an asshole, they weren't too far from campus but she had no business walking. He knew he had fucked up and had he gone after her she might have freaked out on him and that was the last thing he wanted.

 

He looked at his phone feeling like a coward for being happy that Zoe saved him from an emotionally vulnerable moment and angry that he couldn't just be real with Mickey.

 

"Hey what's up Zo," Munro said into the speaker...

 

 

 

 

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

Glad the site is back up and running...praise dance!


My writing style is a little different and I have tried to style the way I have read in other stories but it doesn't feel quite right. It has been pointed out to me since I was 12 and now at 25 not much has changed. I just hope that it doesn't take away from my story.


I really valued sites like these where other writers can give you feed back on your work and you're motived to keep going and growing. Thank you.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.