Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Evaluating the situation and realizing the dire circumstances offer no relief.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

All hands on deck

 

 

Chapter 3            Introspection

 

 

NCIS Director Leon Vance sits at his desk in his office trying to concentrate on the file open before him.  But he can’t concentrate on because his mind constantly dwells on the dilemma in which he finds himself.  He thinks about all that is at stake at this moment.  He has a conversation with himself:

 

What words do you use to tell the parents of your best friend that they are missing and you have no clues or leads as to their whereabouts?  What do you do for two little children who cry each night because they have not seen their parents in over three weeks?  What do you tell your boss about what’s happening at your agency?  How do you explain that your Assistant Director is missing not even six months after you were kidnapped?  Those in power will start doubting your position and start asking whether a change in leadership at NCIS is needed.  Not only that but it doesn’t help that you can’t use all of the resources available in finding Jethro and Margie.  How do you plaster on the TV and radio that a CIA spy and an NCIS agent are missing?  You don’t.  Both these positions require anonymity to be effective so you can’t very well announce their true identities to the public.  But we have to do something.  I reviewed DiNozzo’s hypothetical scenarios and I prefer those instead of some enemies of either Jethro and/or Margie abducting them.  We’re glad that crazy Robert King didn’t try something again in an effort to punish Ms. Scuito again for thwarting his latest attempt at selling ‘weapons of destruction’.  Not wishing anyone’s death but it came as a relief to receive notification of his death last week.  It seems that he crossed one too many people and it cost him his life.

 

It was really good to see Tony DiNozzo again.  When he called offering his assistance I was thrilled.  It didn’t take much convincing for SecNav to approve DiNozzo’s involvement with this case.  We need all of the help that we can get.  Taking time out of his busy schedule consulting with the Paris Police Prefecture to come and help us says a lot about his continued relationship with his old team and the special relationship that he maintains with Gibbs.  Add to that the CIA Director allowing Agent Crawford to work full time on this case.  That tells you just how much that Agency values Margie.  We have to find them and soon.  Statistics show that the odds of finding a kidnap victim alive decrease drastically as each day passes.  Jethro and Margie have been missing for three weeks now.  Once the four week mark hits our chances of finding them alive is miniscule.  No one has received any ransom note; no one has claimed responsibility for their abduction; no clues as to their whereabouts; no leads; no nothing.  We need a break in this case and we need one now.






Chapter End Notes:

Thnx for reading and do leave a review.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.