Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


The warm soil beneath my paws encouraged my wolf to run even faster under the dim lit moon of the starry night sky. The only thing missing that would make this nightly run even more perfect was my father by my side.

My father.

I could practically feel my heart burning through my thick black fur.

He had been my everything, my father. My only living relative ever since I was born. The only person I could count on for anything. The only person I could trust.

Naturally, us wolves give birth to multiple pups at once. This was the case with my mother, only I was the only pup from the liter to survive. The next week, my mother, filled with grief from the loss of her other three children, hung herself from a tree in our backyard. I was only a week old when this happened, but my wolf immediately felt the pain from the loss of a parent. Even at such a young age, the wolf has an immense impact on your being as a whole.

My father was a strong man, though. The strongest person I ever knew or would ever come to know. He took good care of me and never left me feeling as if I was missing something. He made sure I had everything I could ever need. He educated me through books, showed me how to fight and provide for myself, and taught me how to respect the wolves in our local pack.

But through my younger years, I could tell that the loss of my mother had weighed heavily upon him. And yet, he put up an act in front of me, an act that he was happy without her. But I knew better. Any wolf knew that the loss of your mate was like the end of your soul. Despite his facade, I could sense my fathers beaten, tormented soul. It was the sad truth.

But I could no longer count on my father for anything. He was gone. It was only a couple of months after my twenty-first birthday that I found my father in his bedroom. A bullet in his head, a gun in his mouth, and blood splattered all over the walls.

It was the most horrific, heart wrenching sight I had ever laid my eyes upon. I didn't eat or sleep for weeks after, just lied in my bed night after night, crying until I had no tears left to spare. I would shift into my wolf and go for long, efficient runs that would always end in me killing a wild animal and howling at the moon in agony.

Despite my mourning over my father, I knew I would not mourn for much longer. Though he had left me alone, he had taught me how to survive. How to be strong.

It was not very long after his death that I decided the Starlight Pack was no longer my home. I could not stay there any longer, my heart could not take the depressing memories full of nothing but death and sadness.

Before I left, I went to ask Alpha Coop for permission to resign from the pack and the territory. Although he was facing losing one of the stronger female wolves, he understood the tragedy which was my parents and allowed me to leave.

Now there I was. Running away from my old home, my old life, my old misery. I was going to run fast and far. Until my legs could not go any longer and I collapsed from exhaustion.

A new home and a fresh start I desired more than anything. Then no longer would I have to be reminded of my morbid home or the death of my parents. Quite frankly, a fresh start was what I needed. My father had always told me that I deserved to be happy. I did not believe him until I lost him.

If I could not find happiness with a new pack, then I would have nothing. Absolutely nothing but my memories and my wolf.

As the wind blew into my face, my snout caught the scent of wolves. A lot of them in fact. Which meant a pack of them had to have been close. This piece of new information motivated my wolf to tread even faster, my excitement and fear reaching an ultimate high.

My wolf jumped over a few fallen trees and bear traps in its path as I followed the scents which grew stronger the longer I ran. I was getting closer.

I ran for no more than ten minutes when the trees started to disappear and I was no longer in the woods, but instead a huge clearing of nothing but healthy grass and some trees here and there. The darkness of the sky only enhanced my wolf's sight.

Before I tread any further, I stopped to compose my emotions and calm my heart rate. The last thing I wanted would be to impose a threat on an unknown pack's territory.

As I stepped forward to start running again, I suddenly got the wind knocked out of me and my wolf fell to the hard ground in a whimper. A sharp pain ached at my side underneath my ribcage. Something hit me hard and fast, knocking the breath out of me.

When I slowly opened my eyes, there was a tall, completely clothed man with sandy brown hair standing before me. His expression was hard and unreadable as he spoke, "Shift. Now."

He did not have to tell me twice. I was an unknown wolf on someone else's territory, so I was not surprised that I wasn't immediately welcomed with open arms. The only thing that I was not comfortable with, was baring my body to a complete stranger. And not just any stranger either, a male stranger. I had never even touched a man before, yet now I was forced into being naked in front of one. Nudity was normalized quickly in a pack of wolves - but this pack I was not familiar with.

"Now. Before I shift." He said a little louder. I took his warning wholeheartedly considering his human body had just knocked the wind out of my wolf.

Without having to be told a third time, my bones shifted and bent until I was no longer a wolf with shiny black fur, instead, I was a young woman no taller than 5'5, with straight, silky black hair that reached my hips, my skin the color of a copper penny, my eyes as brown as the dirt, ample breasts, strong arms, slightly taut stomach, thickened thighs, and slim hips.

The sandy haired man in front of me quickly cleared his throat and straightened his posture "Come with me. You can explain your trespassing and The Alpha will decide your fate."

Once again I did not have to be told twice as I followed a little far behind the man in front of me. I folded my arms around my body in the hopes to cover my nudity. The further we walked down the property, the wider the grass clearing seemed to stretch and pretty soon the grass was littered with wooden houses left and right. The pack's property was gorgeous. Not one speck of grass was out of place, not one tree was missing leaves, and not one house was imperfect. I gasped in awe at the sight as we passed. It was more than amazing. It was a magnificent pack dwelling.

The stranger in front cast a glance in my general direction and gave me a look as if I were weird.

I simply ignored it and focused my eyes on all the landscape and homes around me. A few families and young couples stared at me as if I was from another planet. I should not have expected any less. I was a remote stranger on their land. I was an alien to their pack and the grounds.

Suddenly we were walking up a gigantic hill and all of the houses I had seen were behind me. On the very top of the hill was a white two story home and nothing else. The house was large and judging by the outside very well built. My guess was this home was home to the Alpha and his Luna.

As we approached the house and onto the porch, I grew extremely self conscious. I crossed my arms over my breasts even tighter and bit down on my bottom lip as I attempted to stop shaking. Being in the presence of an Alpha was intimidating enough, but add being naked into the equation and I was on the verge of having a nervous breakdown.

"Come along now." The man caught my attention as he opened the double doors and we entered the drool-worthy home.

I inhaled deeply through my nose and followed the man closely behind, making sure not to bump into him as we were in closer proximity.

The further the man and I walked into the house and down the hallways, the most intoxicating, seductively hypnotizing scent filled and covered my nostrils. There were mixtures of oak, general musk, soil, and something spicy as well. It was the most mystical smell I had ever come across in my twenty one years on this planet.

Our mate, my wolf, gathered immediately. My heart rate picked up rapidly and my stomach began flipping as we reached the door ahead of us and walked inside.

This was it. I was about to meet my mate, according to my wolf. This was the moment every wolf on the planet yearned for. And I could not believe it was happening to me.

We were inside the overly large, uniquely decorated room, which looked to be a private den. I peeked behind the sandy man's shoulders to see a gigantic man standing near the closed window.

Judging by the way I had to look up at him, he towered at least 6'5, and the muscles of his arms and legs could have intimidated any ordinary man - let alone a full grown wolf. The man in question emitted a certain power, a silent sense of control and strength. His aura screamed alpha to anyone within close proximity.

The delicious smelling alpha’s pitch black hair was so long it dropped past his shoulders in loose waves. His eyes were so bright and blue that they practically pierced through me. His pale white skin had not a speck of dirt or scar on it - as if he’d never lost a fight in his life. If his dominating presence was anything to go off of, I would guess he hadn’t. His strong jaw could cut through glass with its sharp bends. The man was simply devastatingly handsome in the most brutal way a man could be.

However, what caught my attention the most besides his intoxicating smell, was the way he stared at me. The alpha inhaled roughly, his nostrils flaring as he growled deeply within his broad chest. His crystal blue eyes narrowed as he tilted his head slightly to the left. They darkened a few shades as the alpha’s eyes fixated on my face - still inhaling roughly.

Suddenly, realization dawned on me. There was a reason this alpha smelled so strongly to my wolf - only one reason. He was my mate. I felt it in my bones just as my wolf felt it with her instincts. I tried to hold my breath as the smell of his masculine scent overridden my senses. My body heat rose until I broke out in a sweat. I quickly slammed my thighs shut - suddenly too aware of my overwhelming need to open my legs to my mate and let him claim me.

“Alistar, move aside.” The tremor of his deep voice caused me to whimper gently.

Without hesitation, the sandy haired man put a great distance between him and myself. “Of course, Alpha Nolan.”

Alpha Nolan? I audibly gulped as I looked down at my feet, folding my arms closer around my exposed body. Nolan Silver was the most well-known alpha in the southern territories. He was known for his power, strength, and most of all, his ruthlessness. The man had murdered hundreds of wolves and even his number of alphas as well. He was a fierce wolf with a thirst for blood and power. The only thing he valued was his pack. If the wolf in question was not a part of his circle, he had no mercy.

My body trembled in fear as I avoided his piercing gaze. I could practically feel his heated eyes devouring me in my naked state. I continued to hold my breath, in hopes that his scent would simply dissipate. The smell of him was so strong it was unmistakable. It was pungent and woodsy with a hint of mint. The urge to run up to him and bury my face in his neck was hard to ignore.

With my focus on the smooth wooden floor, I almost didn’t notice the alpha take steps towards me until his booted feet were in my line of vision.

He sniffed audibly and slowly. “Interesting.”

The baritone of his voice practically vibrated off of the walls; it was so deep and irrevocably masculine. I clenched my thighs tighter and refrained from whimpering.

“Alistar, where did you find our intruder?” He demanded.

“Within the bounds of our land, though somewhat on the outskirts. She was in wolf form when I found her.”

“Leave us at once.” The alpha’s tone left no room for argument.

For a second I thought he was talking to me - my heart slightly panged at the thought of leaving my mate’s presence. Then I noticed the retreating footsteps of the now disgusting-smelling man named Alistar. The door shut with a quick sound and then we were alone.

“Your name?”

The pull an alpha had over a typical wolf was to obey. It was our natural instinct. Not only was Nolan an alpha, he was my mate - so the need to obey him felt like my duty. As his mate, I instantly felt the need to please him.

My eyes were still locked on his booted feet, “Aurora.”

“Look at me.” His voice practically rattled off the walls with the level of command.

I gulped loudly as I slowly raised my head until my eyes locked onto his. Those bright blue orbs were seeking as we stared silently for a moment. He smelled so divine. My wolf was battling between spreading my legs for him or jumping on him aggressively right then and there. The urge to mate with him overrode any and all other thoughts. My brain was in a haze - my body trembling and shaking with the need to touch my mate.

The alpha’s nostrils flared as he took in a whiff of my scent. His muscular frame suddenly stiffened as he straightened his posture. “I smelled you the moment you stepped foot on my territory. What are you doing here, Aurora?”

The sound of my name leaving his lips caused my skin to flush deeply. I had to crane my neck to look into his eyes. The man was a giant even for a normal alpha male. It crossed my mind that he could snap me in half like a toothpick if he thought I were a threat to him or his pack. I wondered if he could sense I was his mate - that would explain why I was still alive. Any other trespasser would not be so lucky I was afraid.

“I mean no harm. I was just passing through, my pack gave me the approval to move on. I had no destination in mind. However, I will leave your territory quickly and quietly if you allow and never return.” It panged my heart at the thought of leaving my mate, especially considering I just discovered his existence. My instincts spoke for me in order to get out alive.

A low growl caused the alpha’s wide chest to vibrate. His icy eyes narrowed as his angular jaw clenched tightly. “I will never let you go. I forbid it.” He ground out almost angrily.

I blinked once. Twice. Three times. My body temperature was rising at an impeccable rate. I did not know how much longer I could stand in close proximity to him and not touch him. His smell grew more intoxicating as time passed.

Did this mean he wants me as his mate? Would I finally have a family again? My mind raced with these thoughts as my body struggled to control my sudden hormones.

Subcounsciously, I dropped my arms at my sides and revealed my naked body to my mate’s eyes. Those strikingly blue orbs grew even darker as his eyes landed over my body. A vicious growl emitted from his body and vibrated off the walls.

“I can smell your arousal. It’s seeping down your thighs...” I looked down quickly and flushed. “Why did you leave your pack?”

“My mother died when I was young. My father died three months ago. It did not feel like home without them.”

“You seek family?”

I craned my neck so I could look my mate in his eyes. I could not bring myself to answer him. The thought of starting a family with him already crossed my mind. I wanted to mate with him and bare his pups. I wanted to be his Luna. It was only natural I yearned to please him, to make him whole.

“I, Alpha Nolan Silver of the Shadowmoon pack, command you to stay within the limits of my grounds. If you try to leave, I will find you.” His voice left no room for argument. It was not a treat but a promise.

“Stay as your mate?” My wolf spoke for me before I could control her. Every pulse in my being pointed me towards my alpha mate. The longer I stood in his presence, the more painful it became to ignore my true desire.

His eyes darkened and his facial expression quickly turned emotionless as he crossed his muscular arms over the wide expanse of his chest. “I do not want or need a mate. It will only prove to be a point of weakness for my enemies. I refuse to be weakened.”

I tried to ignore the pain Nolan’s confession caused me. My wolf was in agony. It was one thing to be rejected but it was another level to be rejected by my mate. The one wolf in the world who was biologically programmed to want me did not even want me. I refused to cry in front of him as I quickly covered my nudity and avoided his eyes once more.

“You do not take me as your mate yet I must stay in your pack?” I questioned his authority as I hung my head. “How is that going to work?”

“Mates make you weak. I will only keep you for my wolf’s sake. You will stay in this house. You will join my pack. And if you dare question me again, there will be consequences. Understood?”

I want to be angry, to lash out, to run away, anything to get him to wake up and see that he is not only going to be torturing me but himself as well. With my head still hung, I nodded slowly.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.