Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter Song: "Good Girls" by Joe




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


"Ever since you met this boy you have lost your self-respect and dignity! What type of girl drives to see a boy at night?! Oh, I'll tell you, one that is desperate and asking to end up pregnant!!" Evelyn ranted.

Larissa truly did not care what her mother had to say about her relationship. She was happy and that's all that mattered. She was used to seeing her mother boss her father around and try to control everything usually ending in her father just giving in. Larissa's father was a brilliant and talented attorney but when it came to his wife and daughters he could not argue his point to save his life. They had him wrapped around their fingers.

"He seems to be the only one who is there for me and listens to how I feel."

"Oh really?! Me and your father bust our tails day in and day out to be there for you. You have a lot of nerve girl! This house, this bed of yours, your very life is made possible by us being there for you!"

"Its not about material things Ma! Im talking about quality time, listening, family dinners..."

"Oh please! We give you all of the above and its still not enough. You don't want to spend a weekend with your parents. You rather be up under that boy!" Evelyn scoffed.

At this point Larissa gave up. She felt there was no use in going back and forth. Her mother had an answer for everything.

"Ok ma" Larissa said sitting in front of her vanity mirror and wrapping her hair for bed.

Evelyn shook her head and left the room closing the door behind her.

Larissa prepared to go to bed and texted David good night.

 

The week dragged on until finally Friday showed up.

Jason and Josh drove to school. Jason and Josh parted ways. Jason walked through the senior hallway and saw something that made him almost stop in his tracks. Kendra and a boy were conversing and she appeared to be smiling the type of smile a girl smiles when she's feeling a guy. He felt his stomach drop and he kept walking feeling a wave of disappointment wash over him. For the past week he enjoyed the three times he met up with his group of friends at lunch time especially now that Kendra was around. During those times he and Kendra said "Hi" to each other and made small talk with each other. He was still kind of nervous around her but with time he was becoming more at ease. She seemed shy and he did not know if that was just her personality or if she did not want to talk to him. Seeing her with this guy made him wonder if she felt some kind of way about conversing with him because she probably had a man.

Jason P.O.V

Great, so she likes this guy. Is that her boyfriend? Or are they just talking? She looks happy. Just when I thought I had a chance with her I see this guy has beat me to it. I can either stand there and let him have her or I can take her from him. But I dont even know how she feels about me. Damn...

End of P.O.V

 

It was 3 pm and David, Jason, and Reese were at football practice preparing for their upcoming game next week against Roosevelt High.

Coach Reynolds was going on and on about how hard their team was to beat.

"Roosevelt Vikings were undefeated last year. They plan to stay that way. So that means yall need to bring it! Show up to every practice like youre playing the game. No missed practices! No excuses! So lets get started!"

The team ran a lap around the field and then did full body stretches. The coach went over new plays and they practiced them until it was time to go home.

"Henriquez keep your head in the game you're too distracted" Coach Reynolds said giving David a hard pat on the back.

"You too McKavner!" Coach Reynolds shouted.

One of the football players smirked at them both shaking his head. This was Chase Anderson who was set on becoming the team's quarterback and was critical of his teammates. For him there was an "I" in team and his goal was to stand out, become quarterback, and get recruited by the top college football teams.

 

Earlier that afternoon while the guys were practicing the girls were at dance practice rehearsing for the upcoming game next week.

"Five, six, seven ,eight, and one and two, three and four, kick out your right foot, and hands in the air and bring it down slowly, five, six" the Dance captain instructed.

"Larissa I need more energy from you!" The Captain demanded.

Larissa put more energy into the routine trying to stop her mind from drifting off to the argument she had last night with her mom... again about her relationship with David.

 

Dance practice ended and the girls packed up their things.

"Hey you ok Rissa? You seem distracted today?" Elisha asked.

Larissa sighed. "Yea I'm ok" she said.

"Are you sure? You dont seem your usual bubbly self" Kendra countered.

They noticed something was off because Larissa usually brought alot of energy to practice and had a passion for dance. All of them told jokes and acted goofy with each other but Larissa was the more high energy one of the group. She was quiet and somber today.

"I had an argument with my mom last night".

"About what?" Elisha asked.

"David, she feels I put him before her and the family. She was saying that I always plan to see him on weekends instead of spending time with my family.....I dont care though im tired of waiting around for her and my dad to be present through the week. They don't do anything Saturdays anyway and I do go to church with them on Sundays".

"Aww im sorry boo, I wish my mom would let me see Reese more. "

"At least yall have boyfriends" Kendra joked.

"Whats going on with you and Eric?" Elisha asked.

"Ugh nothing much, we're just talking, we may hang out tonight, I dont know" Kendra said nonchalantly.

"Well you dont seem too excited" Larissa pointed out.

"Im not getting my hopes up, girls are obsessed with him so I doubt he takes any girl too serious. I'll let you know how it goes. And Rissa im sorry we took all the focus off you. We are here for you."

They both put their arms around Larissa forming a group hug.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.