Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter Song: Unthinkable by Alicia Keys 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


When the window rolled down, she saw it was....

Him......

Jason.

She felt a mix of emotions ranging from butterflies, happiness, relief but also embarrassment. It was definitely an odd mix. What explanation would she give for sitting on the bench at 10:30 at night by herself? That she was left stranded by a guy who she wouldn't kiss?

 

Jason was out in the same plaza that night hanging out with a group of friends at an arcade.

 

Jason noted this was the second time he encountered her outside of school. What are the odds of running into someone twice in the same day? Especially when that person happened to be someone you had a huge crush on.

 

After rolling down the window, Jason paused for a second with confusion and concern on his face. Kendra was standing there clutching her phone, wearing her own look of confusion on her face, her lips slightly parted as she registered that it was him.

 

"Hey...how are you?" He asked.

 

"Hey!" She waved "I'm ok.. just waiting for my mom to pick me up."

 

She lied.

 

She had not yet spoken to her mom but after her Mom said "Hello" on the phone for the umpteenth time it finally registered to Kendra that her Mom was on the phone trying desperately to get her attention.

 

"Oh..one moment" she signaled lifting a finger. "Thats my mom". "Hey Mom can you pick me up?...yea I'm ok... I'll explain later". She said.

 

Jason wondered why she was saying she was "ok" and what she needed to explain later. He wondered what happened for her to be sitting on a bench 10:30 at night...alone. Who was she out with? Jason was sure that if she was out with Elisha and Larissa they surely wouldn't have left her alone. They would have taken her home.

 

"I can take you home" Jason spoke up.

 

"Huh?" Kendra paused registering what he had said and asking herself how she would handle being so close to him. In his car.

 

"..Oh..thanks you dont have to do that, my mom will come get me" she said.

 

He was so sweet, she thought to herself.

 

"You sure? I dont mind taking you home at all" he said.

 

If she was honest with herself, she knew she wanted to be near him. She wanted to be in his presence. She could not lie, she wished it was him taking her out, texting her, and flirting with her like Eric had did. This was her chance, this was her opportunity. She decided to take it, to see what this one decision could lead to.

 

"You sure?" She asked.

"Of course, its no problem". He smiled and shrugged.

"Ok" she said.

 

She decided to accept the offer. Besides it was almost 11 o'clock and her mom didn't like to drive at night, even though she would most likely bring her husband along to pick her up.

 

"Mom, dont worry about coming, my friend will bring me home" Kendra said.

"Oh ok, be careful, I love you".

"I will, love you too".

Jason P.O.V

Friend?

End of P.O.V

 

Jason thought about the phrase "my friend" as he heard those words spoken from her mouth. He didn't like the sound of that but he knew that they weren't even that...at most maybe acquaintenances.He definitely wanted to be more than friends but he did not know if she wanted that. Was she even attracted to white boys? His thoughts were interrupted as she walked toward the car. He unlocked the door for her.

She got inside.

 

"Thank you, I really appreciate it" she said smiling.

 

Jason admired her dimples as she smiled.

 

"No problem" He smiled back.

 

Kendra P.O.V

Dang he has a pretty smile

End of P.O.V

 

She heard "13th Floor" by Outkast playing in the background.

 

Kendra P.O.V

He listens to Outkast?? Interesting. He has good taste in music.

End of P.O.V

 

"Nice car"

 

"Thank you, my uncle gave it to me. I love old school cars".

 

"Really? This is really, really nice. Oh, let me put on the GPS".

 

She put on the GPS to direct him to her house which was about 15 minutes away.

 

"Thanks I try to keep it up". So what were you up to tonight? ".

 

"Oh, I just met a friend to see a movie".

 

She lied again.

 

At least she was quick with it.

 

She didn't have a chance to think of what she would tell him if he asked.

 

Jason wanted to ask who she went with but he knew it wasn't his business. She was hoping he didn't ask.

 

"What did you see?"

"Megan".

"Oh thats the one with the creepy robot doll" he laughed.

"Yea it was pretty good. It wasnt too scary".

" You don't like scary movies?" He asked.

"Actually I do, not as much I used to. I used to watch Halloween, Friday the 13th...movies like that, all the time with my cousins."

" Friday the 13th? Thats the one with Michael Myers right?" He asked.

"No.....its Jason.

She looked at him smiling, holding back a laugh.

"Oh..I guess I should have known that."

They both laughed.

"Thanks Mom" he said.

She laughed.

"That was a bad joke..sorry" he laughed.

" No it was funny." She giggled."What kind of movies do you like?"

"Action, comedy, I like some horror movies but most of 'em are corny".

"Yea, they're nothing like the ones back in the day" Kendra agreed. "I see you like Outkast".

"Oh, this is the just the radio playin, but yea, I love their music, they drop alot of truth in their music. I like them, Kendrick Lamar, J.Cole, Tupac, I like how real they are." He said

"I like them too, especially Tupac, there will never be another one like him"

"Thats for sure".

Silence fell between them. The silence was a little akward, with a bit of tension, like there was something that needed to be said but neither of them would say it.

"So what were you up to tonight" Kendra asked in an effort to break the silence that was making her uncomfortable. She genuinely wanted to know what he had been doing tonight.

"I went to the arcade with some of my friends , we got bored and decided to just go home."

"Oh, I've never gone to that arcade, I may check it out one day".

"Yea Its ok, maybe we.....you know Reese, David and your friends ..we can hang out there one weekend"

"Yea that would be fun" Kendra replied.

Jason corrected himself as soon as the word "we" slipped out his mouth. Hopefully she didn't notice it.

 

Jason P.O.V

That was close... get your mind right man. She may not even like you like that.

End of P.O.V

 

Silence fell between them again as a song played in the background by Alicia Keys.

 

🎶Moment of honesty

Someone's gotta take the lead tonight

Whose it gonna be?

I'm gonna sit right here

And tell you all that comes to me

If you have something to say

You should say it right now🎶

 

Kendra felt a nervousness come over her. She looked at Jason from the corner of her eye. His eyes were on the road. She watched as his chiseled jaw flexed, causing a shock-like sensation in her body. She told herself to snap out of it and relax. 'This boy is not worried about you' she told herself. She focused her gaze back on the road. Jason looked at her from the corner of his eye, admiring her naturally long lashes that framed her doe eyes. He quickly scanned her side-profile trying to avoid being caught by her and also trying to watch the road at the same time. He gazed over her face partially hidden by her jet black curls and coils, her slender neck, down to her collar bones, to the top of her blouse. He stopped himself and looked back at the road.

 

🎶You give me a feeling that I never felt before And I deserve it, I think I deserve it. It's becoming something that's impossible to ignore. And I can't take it🎶

 

Jason realized he had been holding his breath. He let out a silent breath and shifted slightly in his seat, gripping the steering wheel.

 

🎶I was wondering maybe

Could I make you my baby

If we do the unthinkable

Would it make us look crazy

If you ask me I'm ready

🎶

 

Kendra couldn't take the silence, the tension in the air, the words of the song, the way his hands looked so strong as they held the steering wheel and how the muscles in his forearms flexed when he gripped it. She spoke.

 

"Thanks again for the ride, my mom doesn't really like driving at night".

 

"I'm glad I can help" he nodded. "How's the truck doing"

 

"Oh, its good, usually they don't have any issues with it. Thanks for helping out with that too." She chuckled.

 

"Any time" he smiled.

 

"In 100ft your destination will be on the right" the GPS stated.

 

🎶I was wondering maybe

Could I make you my baby

If we do the unthinkable🎶

 

"Thats my house right there."

"Nice house"

"Thank you" she said smiling

 

🎶would it make us look crazy

Or would it be so beautiful?

Either way, I'm sayin'🎶

 

"You have arrived" the GPS said.

 

She started searching in her purse for something.

 

"Here's something for gas" she said pulling out a $20 bill.

 

"Wh-, no you dont have to pay me anything. I offered to take you home."

 

"But I took you out of the way" she protested.

 

"No you didn't, I don't live too far from here. Even if I did, I wouldn't expect anything from you."

 

Jason P.O.V

You're the reward

End of P.O.V

 

"Ok" she let out a breath realizing she had been holding it. "Thank you again.. I'm sorry I keep saying thank you" she giggled. "I must be sleepy or something" she smiled.

 

He chuckled "You're good. No problem. Any time"

 

"Have a good night and drive safe" she smiled.

 

"Good night" he smiled back.

 

She got out the car closing the door. She walked to her front door as Jason watched the sway of her hips.

 

Jason waited to make sure she got inside safely.

 

She opened the front door, and as she turned to close it, their eyes connected.

 

🎶 if you ask me I'm ready

If you ask me I'm ready🎶

 

She smiled. He smiled back. She closed the door. He drove away.

 

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.