Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


It was Saturday morning, and Evelyn knocked on Larissa and Danielle's door, telling them to wake up and come downstairs for breakfast. Larissa groaned, putting the covers over her head.

~~Larissa's P.O.V~~

Damn.Why can't this lady let people sleep in? She knew we had a game last night and my body is sore from all the dancing I did. Ughhh.

"Larissa! Danielle! Breakfast is ready! Come down before it gets cold!" She shouted as she walked through the hall and down the stairs.

I yawned and stretched out my body, feeling my muscles were sore. I went to brush my teeth and wash my face. The cold water helped to wake me up a lil' bit.

I headed downstairs before seeing Danielle open her door, stretching her body.

"Good morning," I told her.

"Good morning," she replied, her voice groggy and sleepy.

We sat at the table as my mom placed the plates of food in the middle of the table. Her face was already made up, lipstick, mascara, and all. Does this lady ever lay her ass down? You would think somebody that works Monday to Friday 8 to 8 pm would want to sleep in on the weekends. Obviously not this one. My dad took a seat at the table, looking all cheerful too. Ughh. Take y'all asses back to sleep.

"Good morning, princesses. I made pancakes. Yall know I got your momma beat on the pancakes." He chuckled.

"Oh, whatever," my mom scoffed. "Mine are better."

Actually, they weren't. My dad's pancakes were life. He made them golden and fluffy. Hers were thick and chewy, like they weren't cooked all the way. But she was a good cook when she actually did cook, which was mostly on the weekends. Sometimes, she would cook different meals on Sunday that we would eat throughout the week. Other times, she made us cook those Hello Fresh dinners when they were away working.

As we placed the food on our plates, my mom had us bow our heads to say grace. I can't lie. I enjoyed moments like this with my family. As much as me and my mom butt heads, I love her and my dad so much. I thought about David. I know he misses his dad, whose been locked up a few years. I know he would give anything to have his family altogether again. I decided to text my boo and say good morning. I grabbed my phone and texted him good morning, and I love you.

"Larissa honey, no phones at the table. It's family time. " My mom smiled with a stern look in her eye still.

Ugh. She probably knew I was texting David. It's like she makes every attempt to block me from interacting with him when he's not around. I was so over it.

Danielle went ahead and put her phone under her thigh when my mom told me to put mine away. Danielle always listens to our parents. She acts like she's almost scared of our mom. If not scared, she definitely valued her opinion way too much. Momma does not always know best, and I had proved that with mine a long time ago.

We talked at the table about the game and how our team was able to turn things around after our quarterback sprained his ankle.

After breakfast me and Danielle cleared off the table and began washing dishes.

"I need to talk to you about something important." I told Danielle.

"Ok, what is it?" she looked at me from the corner of her eye.

"We will talk in private," I told her since our mom and dad were still in and out of the kitchen.

"Girls! When you're done, get ready and put on your bathing suits. We're going to the beach!" My mom said excitedly.

"Okayyy" I said in my pretend, excited voice, looking back at the dishes, rolling my eyes.

I honestly just want to sleep in or cuddle with my man. I don't feel like doing anything or going anywhere.

We finished the dishes and went upstairs and got ready for the beach.

After I put on my bikini and beach dress, I knocked on Danielle's door.She opened it.

"So what you need to talk to me about?" she asked.

Ok. Here we go.

"So how are things going with Brian?" I asked.

She had a confused look on her face, before she answered, "Good. Why?"

"So he is Reese's brother. Reese is Elisha's boyfriend. Elisha told me that.. Brian... is a playa. He talks to different girls and ghosts them and he's had girls calling his phone crying".

"Wait, wait, wait, and how does Elisha know this?" Danielle asked with an irritated look on her face.

"Because Reese told her. And please don't tell Brian that Elisha said this because she doesn't want him or Reese to know. It could cause drama, like with her and Reese. She didn't even want me to tell you that I heard this from her."

Danielle paused and took a deep breath. "First of all, if I even ask Brian about this, what am I supposed to say when he asks me how I know this information? I don't appreciate Elisha dropping this mess in your lap and then wanting to run and hide. But yet we supposed to care about the best interest of her relationship, though? Tuh, some friend she is. Just messy..and as far as Brian, he's been treating me well and has not given me any sign of him being a playa like she claims. Even if he is, I owe him a chance to show me who he really is before I just take your friend word for it."

"But Danielle, Lisha doesn't lie on people. I've known her since 10th grade, and she's been loyal since day one. You never saw me have any drama with her. You know I've had other so-called friends who showed me they were fake. Lisha is a credible source, and she cares about your best interest." I explained, hoping she would hear me, like really hear me.

" Ok Larissa! Yes, Elisha has been a good friend to you. She is not my friend. And plus, you don't know if she has some personal issue with Brian and is trying to get back at him or something. She's not gonna tell you everything about her relationship, just like you don't tell her everything about yours. I'm not saying she's lying, but it's not fair to Brian for me to judge him off of what somebody else said. Maybe he did do all of that, but people change Larissa." Danielle explained her side.

She was right on some points. Maybe he did change recently. Maybe she would be the girl to change his ways. All I know is that Lisha is telling the truth. She would not lie on him. What would she gain from that? I decided to let it be and hope for the best for my sister, but if Brian hurt my sister, I was gon' whoop his ass. I don't play about mine. I just hope he treat her right because if he don't, not only will he catch this ass whoppin', it would also make things weird between me and Reese..and Lisha. I wasn't having that.

We finally headed out to the beach. We walked to a spot on the beach and put out our chairs and giant umbrella. My mom started reading a book, and so did my dad.

"Yall not gettin' in the water" I asked them.

"Oh maybe later" my mom said, waving her hand.

Bougie ass. I laughed to myself. She gets on my nerves but makes me laugh sometimes too, with her bougie ways.

Danielle and I went in the water, playfully splashing each other.

"Are you ok?" I asked her.

"Yea girl, it's just water," she laughed.

"No, I mean after what we talked about?"

"..Yea, like I said, I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt. Thanks for telling me, though." She hugged me.

We both took out our phones out of our waterproof carrying cases and snapped pictures.

As the girls took pictures, their parents admired them from afar.

"Aww, look at our girls," Evelyn smiled.

"I know. I'm so proud of them." Andrew smiled.

The family spent the morning at the beach and left around 1 pm, enjoying a relaxing day at home. Larissa took a nap and then decided to call David on FaceTime.

"Wussup" he answered.

"Just woke up from a nap." She stretched.

"You went to sleep already? I just woke up not too long ago."

"Oh forreal? My mom woke us up bright and early for breakfast and then we went to the beach. My body's still sore from dancing".

"Yea, my body's exhausted too. I need to sit in ice water."

"Ooo have fun with that" she giggled.

"I'm gonna come see you later"  he said.

"Aww, don't worry papa, I'll come to you."

"Ok, what time? "

"Whenever you want me to come"

"Give me an hour to soak and get dressed and then you can come through"

"Ok".

"By the way, my mom is home. She's off today,"

Larissa sighed. "Ok"

"Just letting you know. Love you, see you soon"

"Love you too"

They hung up.

Larissa took a shower and got dressed, and ate something. She laid down for a little, before David texted her telling her to come.







Chapter End Notes:

What are your thoughts on Brian? Thoughs on Danielle? Should she believe what Elisha said?







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.