Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


David and Larissa took a seat on the couch in the cozy living room and watched a show they both liked together. His mom came to the living room and said Hi to Larissa.

Later they both went to his room to play video games, leaving the door open. His mom forbid them to be in his room with the door closed. They were ok with it because when they wanted to do the do, they knew how to make it happen.

"Gabby has a crush on you" Larissa abruptly said.

"Huh?" David turned to look at Larissa taken aback by the comment.

"Gabby has a crush on you" Larissa repeated.

"Yea, I know." He said.

"And how do you know?"

"Whatchu mean? Is that supposed to be a trick question?"

"No, I'm asking how do you know?"

"Because she's always tryna make conversation wit me, and flirtin' and shit"

"So why were you sitting on the porch with her when I pulled up, if you know all that?"

David paused the video game.

"Where are you going with this?"

"I'm just asking what's up?"

"Are you tryna say I'm flirtin with her or somethin?"

"Are you?" Larissa asked.

"So you have no trust in me? "

"I'm tryna see why you are making conversation on the porch with a girl that you know is always tryna talk to you and has a crush on you, when you have a girl?"

David sighed frustrated.

"Larissa, come on, I'm not entertainin' that girl, I was already on the porch and she came outside talking to me about the game and stuff. She was tryna do some flirty shit with her legs but I got up, and that's when you pulled up. I've been neighbors with her for 3 years. If I wanted to be with her I would've been. I don't want her baby. I want you"

"Ok. All I'm sayin is that I trust you, but don't give a thirsty bitch a reason to be thirsty. Because the day she overstep her boundaries I'm gon' whoop her ass."

David laughed. "Why you gotta be so aggressive babe huh?"

"I'm just saying, I won't have to be aggressive if she don't give me a reason."

"Why don't you use some of that aggression on me huh?" He winked.

"Boy you not ready" she smirked.

"Oh..I'm not ready..says the girl that screams my name..David, David" he teased, mocking her tone.

"Shut up" Larissa laughed hitting him with a pillow.

As the late afternoon passed, David's mom began cooking an early dinner and called them all to the table. David's younger siblings washed their hands and took a seat at the table saying hello to Larissa. For the past 3 hours they were playing in Ms.Ortiz's yard with her younger kids. David's little sister Ariel took a seat right by Larissa giving her a tight hug.

Besides the chatter the children made at the table, there was silence between David,Larissa, and his mother. David looked between his mom and Larissa. Larissa looked down at her plate of food, feeling uncomfortable and out of place. The silence became too much that Larissa had to speak.

"Did you come to the game on Friday Ms.Gloria?"

"No I had to work" she responded.

"Oh, David made a touchdown at the last minute and they won the game"

"Yay!!" Ariel shouted.

"Yea I heard" Ms.Gloria smiled. "I'm proud of you David"

David barely smiled.

"Well thats what happens when youre a single mom, you have to work all the time and you miss things like that" Ms.Gloria said.

Larissa nodded. "I understand".

"No..you don't. And I pray you never will. You're lucky to have both parents"

Larissa smiled nervously, looking back down at her plate.

As dinner came to an awkward close, Larissa said good night to David and his family and headed back home.

It seemed like no matter what she did, she could never please Ms. Gloria and it seemed like no matter what David did, he could never please her parents. Her and David were so right for each other but it seemed that all their parents saw were a Hispanic boy and a black girl, and that was so wrong in their eyes.

《《 David's P.O.V 》》

Today was crazy. First there was Gabby flirtin with me, and takin it a step further uncrossing and crossing her legs, like that was supposed to do something. Yea, Gabby is a pretty girl. Physically she's hot, but too skinny for my liking. Larissa is on the slim side but she has curves at least. Gabby tries too hard. I never like it when a girl throws herself at me. I like the chase, to pursue a girl, not for her to pursue me. Before I met Larissa, Gabby and I were neighbors but I never looked at her in a romantic way. She was just the neighbor that happened to be pretty. I never saw us being anything more than friends. She's immature too. Ever since I started dating Larissa she's been more and more catty. I see how she acts when Larissa comes around. She gets quiet and her demeanor changes.

My mom has still been giving me issues about Larissa. She hasn't said too much since that blow up we had when she first met her, but she's always been standoffish since then. It pisses me off. With all my other girlfriends she was a totally different person. She talked and laughed with them. With Larissa she just sits there and Larissa has to force a conversation with her. It's painful to watch, to see my girl feeling rejected like that. For what? Cause she's black? It's ridiculous. Before Larissa, if someone would've told me my mom was racist I would've told them they were crazy. But now, I'm starting to wonder. I know my mom is a good person, that's why Im confused and in shock that she would act this way. But I made up my mind a long time ago. Nobody and nothing is going to stop me from being with Larissa. Not my mom, not Gabby, not anyone.

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.