Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Monday

Larissa walked to the group's meet up spot for lunch with multiple thoughts running through her mind. There was the situation with Gabby, but she trusted David and knew he was committed to her. Then there was her sister Danielle's situation with Brian, Reese's brother.

She took a seat at the table by David as the group chatted. Larissa remained preoccupied with her thoughts, until Kendra asked if she was ok.

"Are you ok" Kendra asked.

"Oh. Yea I'm good"

David glanced at her as he spoke to Reese and Jason, hearing Kendra check up on her.

David then caressed her leg asking "You good? Why you so quiet? "

"I'm fine"

"You sure?"

"Yes" she nodded.

After lunch was over. Larissa walked to the hall with the group. After hugging David, she caught up with Reese and Jason who were headed to the same class for fourth period.

"Reese" she said, tapping his arm.

"Wussup"

"Can I talk to you real quick?"

"Yea. I'll see you, man, " he told Jason, who walked ahead of him to class.

"So...I don't know if you know, but your brother Brian is dating my sister."

"Oh for real? what's your sister name?"

"Danielle"

"Oh ok, I think I saw a girl yesterday at the crib, she looked kinda like you. So thats your sister huh?" He smiled.

It better had been Danielle. Larissa thought to herself.

"Yeaaa, I don't want this to be awkward, but I know it's not up to you or anything, but please tell your brother to treat my sister right. She's a good woman and wants something real and true.. no games. I don't know your brother, but I'm just tryna look out for my sister, that's all."

"I understand ma. My brother is a good guy. He just needs to find the right woman. But I'll keep an eye on him. But ultimately, whatever happens between them is on them. I hope he does do right by her and she does right by him."

Larissa nodded "Thank you Reese, I appreciate it"

"No problem, you know you my sister,  I got you." He hugged her and she hugged him back.

If Brian had truly changed and was anything like Reese, she wouldn't have to worry about Danielle.

~~~    ~~~

The bell rung ending the school day. Reese, Jason, and David headed to football practice and the girls headed to dance practice.

"As you can see Landon is still out recovering after Friday's game. We will still need someone to take his position for now and we have to have Shawn as backup quarterback. So today I'm gonna give a few of you the chance to show me that you got what it takes to be a quarterback on this team. This is not including any of you who got excused absences from practice, but if you missed any practices, don't even bother trying out cause you already showed me you not reliable and you cannot lead.  If anybody wants to be considered step forward now."
Coach Reynolds explained.

Chase, Bentley, and Reese stepped forward.

Coach Reynolds nodded.

The team practiced and the Coach gave each of the contenders training on the quarterback position and went over technique. They also got a chance to play quarterback position in the plays they practiced. By the time practice was over, he told them he would be watching this week to see who performed the best. He would announce on Friday who had earned the position.

After practice was done, Jason and his brother Josh drove home. Reese drove David home. As they were in the car, they talked about their weekends and caught up on other stuff.

"So you know Jason has a thing for Kendra, right?" Reese smirked.

"For real ?!" David asked shocked.

"Yea, you can't tell? Oh, never mind, you too busy all googly-eyed and in love, "

"Man whatever" David chuckled. "But dang, I didn't know he liked her like that. I saw him checkin' her out a few times, but I didn't know he had a crush on her. So bruh likes black girls too? Or is he just jumping on the band wagon with us?"

Reese laughed. " Ahh, I never thought about that. But it seems like he's really into her. He said he had his eye on her since junior year. "

"Are you serious ?! Why hasn't he asked her out yet?"

"He's scared. It's probably cause she's black, he's white. Didn't know if she would like him."

" Mann, it's not the 1950s anymore. I never thought he would be afraid to ask a chick out, especially with all the little snowbunnies on the cheer team drooling over him. " David laughed.

"He doesn't want vanilla,  he wants caramel." Reese smirked.

"I see. He needs to stop being scary before I tell her myself. She's in my third period class. I'm just gonna stop taking notes and get them all from her. She writes enough to fill a book. " David laughed, causing Reese to laugh with him.

"Yea, she's a good girl, I think she will be good for Jason. And can you believe my brother is dating your girl's sister? "

"What?! That's crazy, How'd you find out?

"Your girl told me they were dating each other. Then it dawned on me that the girl that Brian brought to the house on Sunday did favor Larissa."

"Wow. They say its a small world. That's kind of weird though for you and Larissa, right?"

"I guess" Reese shrugged. "I told her whatever happens between them is on them. It shouldn't create no issue between me and Rissa friendship. She's like a sister to me."

"Yea. You know how girls are. They get all emotional over eachother's problems"

"Yea I know".

They pulled up to David's house and David saw Gabriella sitting on her porch.

"Fuck" David sighed, tilting his head back.

"What?" Reese chuckled.

David closed his eyes in annoyance.

"You good bruh?"

"Yea man, this girl man, she won't leave me alone."

"Who the girl over there?" Reese asked referring to Gabriella.

"Yea".

"She's cute...I mean...that sucks, does she know you got a girl?"

"Yea! And she doesn't care! She got worse since she found out I have a girl."

"Damn. I got a friend that will keep her occupied"  Reese chuckled.

"Yea, hook them up or somethin so she will leave me alone."

Reese laughed. "She don't want  problems with Larissa".

"Yea Larissa already said that" He laughed. "Well anyway man, thanks for the ride, I'll holla at you tomorrow". David got out the car and closed the door behind him.

"Alright man, be easy" Reese flashed the peace sign and drove off.

David walked up to his door as Gabriella sat on her porch watching him. She spoke as he got halfway "Hey" she smiled.

"Hey"

"How was your day?"

"Good, and yours?"

"It was a little boring at first but it got better" She smiled.

"That's good"

"Do you wanna know what made it better?"

"What?" He asked wondering where she was going with this.

"Seeing you" She blushed.

David looked at her and then opened his door and went inside closing it behind him. He put his backpack down before going back outside to get his siblings from next door.

He walked past Gabby who continued to look at him, and opened the door.

"Ms. Ortiz I'm here".

"Hi David. They did their homework, Gabby helped them out. And they had dinner."

"Thank you so much Mrs.Ortiz."

"You're welcome".

Ariel, David's baby sister ran up to him, hugging him. He noticed she had a completely different hairstyle than the one from this morning.

"Like my hair?!" Ariel asked.

"Yea, I love it." David said, picking her up.

"Gabby did it," Ariel said.

Ms. Ortiz smiled warmly at Ariel.

"Thanks again Ms.Ortiz"

David walked out onto the porch with Ariel in his arms and his two siblings following him. Gabriella was still sitting outside.

"You showed your brother your hair" Gabby smiled.

"Yes! He likes it!" Ariel beamed with joy.

"Thanks" David forced a smile.

"Of course" Gabby smiled. David walked inside his house and closed the door and locked it.

Ten minutes later there was a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" David said before looking out the peep hole. When he saw Gabriella standing there he sighed again, leaning his back against the door.

"What the fuck" he whispered to himself.

"Its Gabby"

He turned around and reluctantly unlocked and cracked the door open.

"Yea?"

"I was wondering if I could talk to you for a minute? Can you come outside? I don't wanna disrespect your mom with being in there without her permission."

"What is it Gabby?"

"Can you come outside?.. Please?"

David slowly opened the door, not knowing what she wanted and not trusting her either. At this point, he felt she was acting a little crazy and he scanned his surroundings before coming outside.

He stood there waiting for her to speak.

"Look David I know we've been neighbors for the past 3 years and my mom helps out your mom and vice versa. But I like you alot and I think we would be good together. "

David stood there listening with a blank facial expression.

"You know I have a girl right?" David said irritated, avoiding eye contact with her.

"Yes. I know. But you don't look happy with her."

A look of puzzlement crossed his face.

"I am happy. I am the happiest I've ever been in my life".

Gabby stood there not knowing what to say, her mouth slightly open.

"But I can make you happier David."
David turned to go back inside.

"Wait" she grabbed onto his arm. David looked at her hand and back up at her, causing her to let go.

"We have alot in common. More than you and her have in common."

"You don't even know her Gabby. You dont even know me. And me and you have nothing in common"

"David, listen you need a strong Latina in your life who understands you and the struggles you'll face in this world. She can't understand you and hold you down like I can".

She sounded just like his mom, he thought. He wondered if his mom had been talking to her about his relationship with Larissa. If she had been, he was going to be livid.

"Larissa is a strong girl. And she doesn't have to be a Latina to understand me. We love each other and that's enough. And she supports me just fine. Now stop this Gabby. We are neighbors. We could've been friends but now you made it weird, pullin' all this shit. It needs to stop today!"

Gabby looked down.

"Well if you're not gonna leave her for me, can you at least do me a favor?"

"No Gabby! Just sto--"

Gabby interrupted him, "I trust you David. You are a good guy. You take care of your brother and sisters. You help your mom. I like that about you, ok?"

"Ok Gabby, so what?!"

"I want to lose my virginity and I want it to be with you." David began to shake his head and turn to go inside before Gabby grabbed on his arm. "We don't have to be together. I just trust you and I know you have a good head on your shoulders. Please, just do me this favor and I will leave you alone. I won't tell anyone. Larissa doesn't have to know. "

"Gabby let me go." David demanded, his voice low and stern.

"David" Gabby begged.

"I said No. Let me go" He flung his arm away from her.

"I love Larissa and you need to get it through your head."  David said before going inside and closing the door and locking it.

Gabby stood in front of his door feeling shock and disappointment. She hoped that she could sway him to leave Larissa for her, feeling that because they shared the same Puerto Rican descent they would have more in common and their relationship would be easier than an interracial one. When she didn't succeed with that she thought that at least being able to sleep with him would be a win for her. She truly wanted to lose her virginity to him, but she also knew it would ruin his relationship with Larissa and she would have one up on her.

Seeing how loyal David was made Gabby wish she could have him even more. She knew alot of guys would have jumped at the opportunity to be with a virgin...to be with her, she thought. Not David...that was one guy she knew she couldn't have.

And she was livid...

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

What are your thoughts? Let me know. I love to hear your reviews and feedback.

What are your thoughts on Gabby? How do you feel about how David handled that?

Do you think David and Gabby would be better off together because they're both Hispanic? Would it be an easier relationship for David?







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.