Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Tuesday

Kendra looked forward to Tuesdays, she couldn't lie.

Kendra walked to the library for tutoring after school. She had one more week, before her Physics test, next Friday.

She walked inside the library and saw Jason waiting for her, looking down at his phone.

She gradually became more at ease around Jason, the more and more time she spent with him in their group and alone with him during the tutoring sessions.

As she approached the table, Jason looked up from his phone and smiled when he saw her.

"Hey" He said.

"Hi".

"Isn't your test next week?"

"Yea it is" she sighed, hoping she would be fully prepared.

"Its crunch time" he smirked. "We have two more sessions, but you can always call or text me if you need more help with somethin'.

"Thank you, I appreciate it".

They started going over more physics material and doing practice questions. He even timed her as she solved questions to make sure her time management was on point for the test.

When 4:45 pm came they started to pack up.

" Thank you, you are my hero"

"No problem. Is your boyfriend cool with us meeting like this?"

The question caught her by surprise, causing her to blush. As soon as she realized she did, she quickly corrected her facial expression.

"I dont have a boyfriend"

"You don't? I saw you around with that guy Eric. I thought he was your boyfriend? "

"Eww no. He's not boyfriend material."

"Ohh" Jason snickered. "What's boyfriend material?"

"Someone with respect and kindness for one." She stated, reminded of Eric's male chauvinistic attitude.

"Yea thats most important for sure, you can't have a relationship without those."

Kendra nodded. "Is your girlfriend ok with us meeting like this...with you tutoring me? "

"I don't have one." He admitted, meeting her gaze.

"Really?...I mean...I just assumed you did."

"Why?"

"I dont know. Most guys have girlfriends I guess..especially if they're football players. They usually have girls fighting to be with them".

"Nah, a lot of the guys on the team are single, including myself."

Kendra nodded. "Well are they single, or are they just enjoying their options?" she raised an eyebrow, joking with him.

"Dang, that's what you think about us?" He joked causing Kendra to smile. "I'm jokin', but yea, some of them do."

"I mean.. It's nice to have options, I guess," she shrugged.

"I wouldn't know."

She smirked. " Yea right. I just know those cheerleaders are after you?"

"Oh yea? How would you know that?" his voice got lower. "What is it about me that would make them be after me?" He raised an eyebrow waiting for her response.

She looked him in the eye feeling challenged by his question. 'Uh oh', she thought. She had said too much. Why would she think the cheerleaders would be after him? Time to explain.

"...Umm..I don't know, you're a football player.. you're not ugly".

He smirked. "Good to know".

He paused for a second studying her.

"In the beginning a few tried to talk to me, but now they don't pay me any mind, and I don't pay them any mind."

"Hmm. So I guess you don't have options like your teammates, then?"

"No need for options when I already made my choice. "

"Oh ok". Kendra felt a sting of jealousy when he made it clear there was one girl he had chosen. She was lucky, Kendra thought. Kendra wished she was in her shoes. It hurt to hear him say this. Her crush for him was pointless at this point, it needed to end because he already had his eyes on some other girl. 'What did I expect?' Kendra thought to herself.

" Well I hope you guys can come together one day."

"I do too. I've had my eye on her for a while now."

Kendra felt her heart sink the more he spoke about this girl. She wished he would just stop talking at this point and go back to talking about physics or just take her home.

"Oh. Why haven't you asked her out?"

He sighed. "I guess..fear..she's very beautiful. She could probably get any guy she wanted. But she seems pretty humble which makes her even more beautiful. She's smart, sweet, and talented. Kind of intimidates me to be honest, her being so well rounded like that. She's easily any guy's dream come true."

Kendra felt disappointment and defeat wash over her. She was jealous of this girl that Jason spoke so highly of. Kendra just knew this girl had to be White.

She wanted this conversation to end and she was trying her hardest to sound interested and genuine, hoping it wasn't obvious that she was uncomfortable...and jealous. She really wanted to go crawl under a blanket and cry and get Jason out of her system. It would take a while but she wanted to grieve what would never be. But she knew he was a good guy and felt he deserved happiness even if it wasnt with her. She felt angry inside but knew she didn't have a right to be. He couldn't help who he liked just as she couldn't help that she liked him. She wondered if this girl went to Mount Rainier and what she looked like. What was his type? However the pain she felt overshadowed any ounce of curiosity she had about who this girl was. She was probably some privileged white skinny blond girl, Kendra thought.

"Wow.. she sounds great. I think you should ask her out then" Kendra suggested, speaking against every fiber of her being.

Jason locked eyes with her, holding her gaze for a brief moment. Kendra's lips curled into a shy smile before she averted her gaze for a split second, only to meet his eyes again.

"Can I take you out?"

"Huh?" She inquired, her eyes widening slightly. She was taken aback, convinced that her mouth was hanging open, only to realize it wasn't.

"Can I take you out?" He repeated.

"But..wh-..what about the girl you just told me about? You were gonna...ask her out?"

" I am. She's in front of me right now. She looks pretty shocked too" he chuckled.

She smiled. "Yes she is"

"And if I need to be more specific, her name Is Kendra Wright."

"Wow" she whispered.

"You are Kendra Wright, right?"

They laughed.

"Yes I'm her" she blushed.

"You still haven't answered my question. Can I take you on a date this weekend?"

She smiled feeling joy in her heart and butterflies. She couldn't believe Jason, the guy she's been crushing on for the past 5 months was asking her on a date.

"Yea. Sure" she smiled.

"Ok, "Do you like carnivals?"

"Yea. I love carnivals"

"Ok cool, well we can go to that Carnival on University and then to a restaurant after. That way you won't get sick on the rides"

"Ok cool"

"Saturday?

"Yes Saturday is fine."

"I never got your number?" Jason said licking his lips.

"Oh, I thought I gave it to you. "

"No, you didn't. It's all good though" he smirked.

"Sorry. Give me your phone."

She felt her walls slowly coming down, feeling more at ease around him, so much so that she started to flirt with him a little.

He handed her his phone and she input her number.

"Thanks"

"You're welcome."

He rested his back against the chair and smiled at her, earning a smile back.

"The library will be closing in 5 min" Mrs.Oppenheim, the librarian, warned the students.

"Lets go" Jason said standing.

They exited the library and walked to the senior parking lot. This time she felt joy as she walked side by side with him. They got stares just like last time but Kendra told herself that if she really wanted something with Jason, she would have to get used to that. Besides that, she was too busy basking in the fact that the biggest crush of her life just asked her on a date.

 






Chapter End Notes:

And there it is..i know some of you have been waiting patiently for him to make a move. He's very strategic as you can see lol

Stay tuned for more!

It only gets better :)

Please leave your thoughts, comments, and suggestions. I love to hear from you all







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.