Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Larissa woke up to her alarm clock going off at 6:30 am. She dragged herself out of bed. It was the first day of her senior year. Part of her was excited but another part of her just wanted to stay up under the covers and sleep. She hated Mondays like most of the world but she knew she had to get up early enough to allow time for her whole morning routine. This day was critical. She had to be on point. She brushed her teeth, washed her face, got dressed, put on light makeup, fixed her hair and headed downstairs to eat a light snack. She was not a big breakfast type of person. She settled for toast and orange juice.

"Danielle! Im ready", she called out her older sister's name who usually took her to school. Danielle was 19 and was going to the local community college before she went away to the University of Florida in Gainesville. She was not ready to leave home yet. On the other hand, her younger sister Larissa could not wait. Larissa had turned 17 in January of her junior year. She had already taken her ACT and SAT tests and would be applying to several colleges ASAP. Her goal was to become a teacher. She did not know what grade level she wanted to teach. She just loved kids. She did not have much patience for anyone else.

Larissa waited on the couch watching an episode of Maury.

"Yep, fool you are the father" she mumbled to the guy on the TV who was denying being the father of the cute little boy that looked just like him.

"Girl who are you talking to?" Danielle said with a confused look on her as she walked into the living room registering what was on the TV.

"Dang that show never going off air" Danielle said

"As it shouldn't" Larissa responded.

Larissa stood up revealing her outfit for the first day of school.

"Ok dang! Fashion Killa!" Danielle shouted snapping her fingers from side to side when she saw Larissa's outfit.

One thing about Larissa was she knew how to dress. She loved the designer items but knew how to take basic clothing items and put together an oufit that looked like a million bucks. She followed all the major Ig models Jayda, Ari, Lira Galore and a few others.

"Thank you, Thank you" Larissa said basking in the compliment."You ready?" Danielle asked.

"Yes I am".

They headed out the door and jumped in Danielle's Honda Civic. In about 15 minutes they got to the school. Danielle wished her little sister a good day and drove off to her classes at the community college.

Larissa walked toward the entrance, while causing many heads to turn, admired by girls who loved her style and guys who wanted to approach her. She walked confidently into the building and down the hall. She made it to the senior hall looking for the bulletin boards that posted every students homeroom class. The homeroom teacher would hand out the rest of their class schedule. She hoped she would have some classes with her boo David and her two close friends. She had not seen any of them yet.

She stood at the bulletin board searching under the letter M for Moore.

She located her name and saw her first class would be Early Childhood education with Ms.Adams. She was excited for the class being that she loved children. They would get to take home the baby dolls that cry all the time, at some point in the school year. She looked up her boo last name and a cheesy smile spread across her face when she saw he had the same homeroom class.

"Hey girl!" A familiar voice called out from behind her. Larissa turned around and saw her friend Elisha and gave her a tight hug. "Hey boo, you look so cute!" Larissa complimented her.

"Thank you, but girl look at you! I knew you was gonna kill it" Elisha said looking her up and down. "Aww thank you sis".

"I have homeroom with my man, im so damn happy!" Larissa said smiling.

"You lucky, let me see what my homeroom is" Elisa searched for her last name. "Ugh English first thing in the morning with Ms. Brockmire?!" Elisha complained.

Larissa busts out laughing. Everybody knew about Ms.Brockmire and dreaded potentially being a student in her class. "Well they say if you do good in her class she will write you a good college recommendation letter" Larissa attempted to help Elisha find the positive in the situation.

"Chile I guess" Elisha rolled her eyes.

The bell rang.Elisha and Larissa hugged and walked opposite directions to their homeroom class.

Elisha walked into her homeroom class that she was already dreading. Ms.Brockmire stood in front of her desk with her arms crossed, nodding her head to greet each student. She helds her lips together in a tight line as if she was inspecting every student that walked by. She looked Elisha from head to toe as she walked by stating "Good morning young lady, the school's dress policy prohibits you from wearing ripped denim and shorts above mid-thigh". "Im sorry, I didnt know, it won't happen again".

It would happen again.

Elisha falsely assured her even though she knew she would definitely be wearing ripped jeans again and shorts higher than the mid thigh. What were they gonna do? Send the whole school home? She wonder if Larissa's teacher gave her any issues about her shorts.

 

"I hope not" Ms.Brockmire replied. Elisha turned to walk to a desk in the back as she rolled her eyes. This was going to be a lonnggg school year with Ms.Brockmire. This was senior year and she was not going to let her ruin it for her and dictate what she would be wearing. Besides she had followed the rules from 9th to 11th grade, but senior year was her time to shine. She gave Mount Rainier her allegiance for long enough.

 

 

 

A/N: Keep reading it only gets better! Please leave a comment! Thanks!!

 

 

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.