Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 《《 Reese 》》

Friday

Finally, Friday was here, and Coach Reynolds was gonna announce who got the quarterback position. I put my all into the practices and I'm hoping Coach saw that.

When school was over we headed to the field for practice as usual. The game was next Friday against the Coral Grove High Sharks.

Once we got to the field, Coach had us sit on the bleachers and started talking.

"So I've been watching my three contenders, Chase, Maurice, and Bentley this past week. You guys put in alot of hard work and effort and I can tell yall want it just as bad as the next man, but I only got one spot. Keep in mind this is temporary because Landon is getting better everyday and he will be returning to practice on Wednesday of next week. So without further ado, the quarterback position goes to... drum roll please."

The team started banging on the bleachers. I didn't. I just wanted to know already.

"Chase Andrews" Coach announced.

What the fuck?! How?! If not me, I would've settled for Bentley, though I still would be disappointed..but Chase?!

The uppidity lil white boy from Weston who think his shit don't stink. I was pissed. Me and Jason looked at each other and shook our heads. This dude was all for himself. He didn't care about the team. If anything, he was always talking shit behind the players back. All he wanted was to get noticed by a top college football team and make it to the pros and he would step on anybody in his way to get to the top.

After that shit was announced we had practice as usual and I channeled my anger into the plays. I ran a little faster, tackled a little harder. I was ready to run through anything or anybody that got in my way. 

Practice was over. David and Jason walked up to me, knowing I was disappointed. I could see the concern in their faces.

"I'm sorry man, I know you wanted that shit bad even if it was temporary" David said patting me on the back.

"You'd be a way better quarterback than Chase. We all know he got it cause of his dad" Jason said.

Chase's dad donates money to the school, is an alumnus and played on the football team too, and is friends with Coach Reynolds. They graduated the same year. I knew Chase wasn't the man for the position. But money talks and they say its not what you know, but who you know. And as far as I'm concerned Chase didn't know shit about being a quarterback.

After trying to lift my spirit some more, me and the guys talked about our plans for the weekend.

"So what yall got planned for tomorrow? We should hang out, get your mind off this injustice Reese" David smirked.

I smirked." Ion have shit planned. I guess ima just chill at the crib."

"Nah you gotta get out the house. You can't sit and wallow in that shit man" David said.

"So whatchu was thinkin'?" I asked him.

"Go to the arcade, shoot pool or somethin"

I nodded. "Aight".

"You down Jayce" David asked.

"Depends what day. I have to work Saturday morning. And then..  I have a date."  Jason said with a smirk on his face.

"With who?" David and I said at the same time.

"Kendra"

"What?!" David blurted out.

"Word?!" I said.

"Yea, Kendra...What?" He smirked as he noticed how David and I were looking at him.

"Why yall lookin' at me like that?" He chuckled

"I'm just glad you decided to stop being so damn scary and ask the girl out" I chuckled.

"Whatever" Jason shook his head smiling.

"I can't believe you liked her since junior year and never asked her out? Man what took you so long?" David asked.

"To be fair it was just since the end of junior year"

"Don't matter" David shook his head. "Where you takin her?"

"We're going to that carnival"

"That's what's up"  David said nodding. "We should go there Sunday. I don't know if you would wanna go again though?"

"Man I ain't tryna go to no carnival, let's do the arcade and play pool like you said" I said.

"Aight bet" David said.

With that we went our separate ways.

I got a text from Lisha telling me she was on her way to the senior parking lot for me to take her home.

Five minutes later she showed up.

"Hey babe, how was practice? Oh and did you get the position??"

"No. I didnt"

"Aww babe I'm sorry" she said cupping my face in her hands.

I removed her hands from my face.

One thing about me is I hate for people to be in my personal space when I'm irritated and touching my face is just at a whole 'nother level of personal space.

I know. She don't deserve that shit, but I was in a mood I couldn't shake, and she was one of the few people I could be vulnerable with.

I could tell from the look on her face she was irritated with what I just did.

She sighed and opened the passenger door and got in.

I got in too. We rode in silence for a lil bit until she turned on the radio and connected her music from her phone. She turned up the volume.

The noise, the beat of the song she was playing, and the volume was irritating me.

"Can you turn it down?? That shit too loud".

I turned it down before she could respond.

She looked at me from the corner of her eye.

"Reese, I'm sorry you didn't get the position, but it's not fair for you to take your frustration out on me".  She said with an irritated look on her face.

"I'm not taking anything out on you. The music too loud, all I said was turn it down."

She scoffed "whatever" .

It was silence between us again for a lil bit.

"So I heard Larissa sister dating my brother"

"How you know?" She looked at me.

"Larissa told me. What I'm tryna figure out is how she knows he's my brother".

"I told her"

"What else did you tell her?"

"What do you mean?"

"Come on Lisha, I know how you feel about my brother. I just hope you ain't talk bad about him to her".

She rolled her eyes. "Are you just trying to start an argument with me? What did I do to you? Huh?"

"Nobody ain't tryna start nothing! I'm just asking cause I know how you feel about him"

"I sure hope you defend and protect me when I'm not around, as much as you do your brother. That's why he is the way he is, because nobody holds him accountable."

Here we go.

"Thats his business what he do in relationships! Not mine! You the one so worried about it!"

"I wonder why?! Because his little brother worship the ground he walk on and sees no wrong in what he does so I'm hoping his brother don't rub off on him, because I don't want to be cheated on! " She yelled.

"Oh my gosh! Why the fuck are you so insecure Elisha? Have I ever cheated on you?"

She was quiet.

At this point I pulled over to the Baskin-Robbins parking lot. I wasn't gonna argue and drive.

"Huh?!"

"I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if you did, since you want to defend your triflin' ass brother that change girls like he change drawls" She rolled her eyes.

" Wow. Ok. So these whole two years don't mean nothing to you? They don't mean shit to you? Because I've been nothing but faithful to you the whole time. Do you know how many girls throw themselves at me on the daily? Even your lil dancing teammates, the cheerleaders, just regular girls. And I don't pay attention to none of them because I want you. But no, some lil boy in eighth grade broke your heart and now you think every niggah gonna cheat on you! You need therapy man."

She was quiet looking straight ahead and I can see the tears roll down her cheek.

"Just take me home". She said her voice cracking.

"No, we not done talkin'. I'm tired of you doubtin' my loyalty. I'm tired of you thinking I don't have a mind of my own."

"And I'm tired of you makin excuses for your brother behavior because it don't put my mind at ease at all. Cause yea if the shit he do is excusable to you,
why wouldn't I think you would wanna do the same shit he do. And for your information, Ive been cheated on a few times not just in eight grade, since you think you know me so well. "

"Like I told you before, a thousand times, I have my own mind and I don't excuse anything he do. I never said I agree with him playin' these girls. But I'm not gon' let anybody bash my brother name either and as my girl you should respect that and not bash him either. I love you Elisha. When you finally believe that, when you finally trust me, you'll be a happier person. We will be a happier couple."

 

《《 Jason 》》

After dropping David home, Jason decided to stop by a convenience store in the neighborhood and get a quick snack. Football practice had him starving. He walked inside and got what he wanted, paid for it and walked back out. As he walked out the store, he saw Reese's brother Brian from afar standing by a car talking to someone in the driver's seat. He watched as the guy handed him a bill and Brian looked around quickly before handing him something. Jason wondered what that was about.

Jason continued walking to his car that was parked about 30 feet away from where Brian was. Brian looked up after the car drove away and spotted Jason making eye contact with him.

Brian got nervous inside for a moment wondering if Jason had seen what he was doing.

Brian said hey motioning with his chin. Jason did the same.

"What's good Jayce" Brian said walking up to Jason.

"Wussup"

"Whatchu doin' in the hood, white boy?" Brian joked.

Jason chuckled "This is not the hood Brian. "

"Shit, excuse me, I guess you seen worse"

"I've lived in worse"

" Yea, ok, I guess that's why you got a lil hood in you. He nudged Jason's shoulder.

"What are you doin' over here"

".. Hustlin".

"For what?" Jason questioned.

"Because I want shit that my pay grade can't buy. Keep that shit between me and you, Reese and my Momma them don't need to know about this. You feel me? I don't want no issues with you, you my lil brother friend."

"What kind of issues we talkin' about?" Jason asked, his brows furrowed, feeling threatened by Brian.

"Man you family, I'm just playin wit you, but please don't say nothin"

"Aight, but you better than this Brian. You know your family would be disappointed."

"I know. I know." He nodded. "I'm not gon do it for too long. I got a goal and then I'm done wit it".

"Be careful man, aight?" Jason patted him on the back.

"Yea. I will. Thanks man".

Jason nodded and got in his car and drove away. He couldn't believe that Brian was stooping this low when he didn't have to, all cause he wanted material things. Reese would be so disappointed in him.

 

 

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.