Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter Song- You Dont Know My Name by Alicia Keys

 

 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Flashback

Earlier that day in third period Kendra sat in U.S history class in the front of the room. It was an Advanced Placement class so she knew it would be a lot of work. The teacher passed out the syllabi to the students. She took out her binder that was filled with other syllabi and documents the first two classes gave her. She tried to get some type of organization going and figure out what folders she would need to buy later on to organize everything. She was definitely a Type A personality and needed things to be in set places.

She looked up briefly when she saw a Hispanic boy walk in with such a relaxed demeanor. She wished she could be that way. The only time she felt relaxed was when she was doing nothing at all. She wanted to learn to go with flow of life but found it hard to just let go and not worry. She took notes throughout the class and looked to either side of her and saw a few students taking notes on the first chapter lecture and some students just sat and listened. Her hand was beginning to hurt. She gave up and stopped writing. The bell rang and it was time for lunch.Elisha texted her and told her to meet her at the bathroom. Afterwards they headed to where Larissa and David were.

        End of Flashback 

As Elisha and Kendra made their way to Larissa, Kendra could see three boys sitting with her laughing. One boy she recognized from her history class, the one whose relaxed demeanor she envied. The other guy was a black guy with a pretty smile but when she made eye contact with the other guy her heart started racing. Her stomach started to flip.

 

  Kendra P.O.V

Oh my gosh..No! Thats him! I cant go over there. I just cant. But what am i gonna say to Elisha? I could make up some excuse saying I forgot something or...I could face him. He is sooo cute and fine. Please Kendra calm down, dont make a fool of yourself.

Then Elisha got the bright idea to introduce me to everybody. Girl just shut up please. I dont need this right now. He does not need to know I exist. I can just admire him from afar.

Oh my gosh, he just reached out his hand to shake mine.

    End of P.O.V

 

"Im Jason, nice to meet you Kendra"

Kendra noted how smooth, deep and sexy his voice sounded.

"Nice to meet you" she looked at him nervously half smiling.

She noted how his hand smothered hers and how soft yet calloused his hands felt. She felt a strange electric like sensation in her body that left as soon as it came.

The group continued to chat about their classes and how the first day of school was going.

Kendra tried to stay focused on the conversation going on and not make it so obvious that she was nervous around Jason. He laughed at the groups jokes meanwhile she was laughing on cue when they did.

This was not her first time seeing him.She first laid eyes on him at the end of her junior year as she walked through the halls. Then later she found out he was on the football team. She honestly did not become a Spartan diamond dancer for that reason.She truly loved dance. Even though she was quiet she had no problem dancing as part of a group.Solo dancing was another story. She avoided any guy she liked and would quickly change her route when she was headed in their direction. That is what she did whenever she saw Jason from afar.She would quickly turn corners and avoid eye contact. She realized this was silly and of no benefit to her. Guys like confident girls not shy timid ones.

There was no avoiding, no running from him now. He was right there in front of her.

She stole glances at him admiring his pretty green eyes that the sun highlighted even more. She looked over his strong arms and hands noting the veins that ran over them. He looked so strong. He was tall which she really liked. She had a thing for tall guys. His light brown hair was cut short in a buzz cut. His lips were soft and pink. She wondered what they would feel like against hers. He had a pretty smile and straight white teeth. His smile added an air of innocence to his strong stature. He was slim and muscular, just the right amount of muscle for her.

What she also admired about him was the way he carried himself. Of course she did not know him but he appeared calm and laidback. She never saw him calling attention to himself. She could not stand a guy who talked too much and was always in drama. They had alot of those at the school. He seemed pretty sure of himself and content.

She wished the guy she had been texting since the end of summer was the same. He wasnt. He was charismatic and a flirt. He was cute so she decided to give him a chance but did not see them evolving into a couple. She wished Jason was interested in her. Did he even like black girls? Just because he hung out with Reese does not mean he did. She decided to let her desire for Jason to notice her fall to the wayside. It was best to not get her hopes up and just carry on and accept things for how they were.

 

 

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.