Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter Song based on "If I Aint Got You" by Alicia Keys 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


The first day of school came to an end. Reese texted Elisha asking her to meet him in the parking lot at 5 pm after football and dance practice.

She agreed. They met at his car and they got inside.

"Baby i'm sorry, I know I messed up. I just been very tired" Reese explained.

She nodded. "But you werent too tired to hang out with your friends Saturday night though."

"I wasn't with David and Jason" He protested.

"I know, Im talking about your other friends, or should I say your brother's friends".

Elisha did not care much for Reese's brother because she felt he was a player and bragged about keeping girls in rotation. He was 19 attending the local community college. Elisha feared that Reese's brother's mentality would rub off on Reese and his friends were guilty by association. Birds of a feather flock together. Reese was her first love and she did not want to lose what they had.

Reese sighed. "Come on now,i know you dont care too much for my brother and his ways, but all his friends aint like that and Im not like that, so please stop freakin out about me hanging with them. David and Jason aint my only friends."

"I know that but they seem like your only true and positive friends". Elisha said lifting her eyebrows.

"Like I said, it was an accident I didnt mean to miss our date. I'll make it up to you." He licked his lips as his eyes roamed from her face down to her thighs.

She smiled "You are too much. You gonna have to work for that sir".

"Challenge accepted" He said leaning over kissing her lips. "Where do you want me to take you for our next date"

"Surprise me, make it unforgettable" she spoke softly looking him in the eyes.

"Ok" he nodded.

"you will never forget it, I can promise you that" He winked at her.

They drove home.

Larissa opened the door to her large 2 story home, locking the door and walking past the foyer.

Though it was a beautiful home it was devoid of laughter and family dinners. Her parents worked late consistently. Her mother worked as a Nurse Anesthetist and her father was an attorney.

"Danielle!"

She called for her sister but there was no response.

Just then a text came from Danielle. She pulled her phone out her back pocket and it read: "Staying until 7 to work on a group project. Food in fridge just put in oven. See you soon, be good girl ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ˜’"

 

She walked to the kitchen to get a drink, before she saw a note on the fridge.

 

It read:

"Hey princess, the food is in the fridge just pop it in the oven. Make sure Larissa does her chores and doesnt stay up too late. We should both be home by 8. Love, Mommy <3".

 

Larissa rolled her eyes. She was so tired of it. They put alot of responsibility on Danielle to cook, clean and look after her. They might as well have hired a maid and a babysitter. Larissa was glad Danielle did not go away for college because she would definitely be alone..a lot. Her parents were hard workers and she was grateful for the life they worked to give her. Sure she had her own room and connected bathroom, she had the finer things in life, luxury purses that girls at school could only dream of having, her college education was going to be paid in full, she had already visited 5 countries. She had an amazing sweet 16 party, but at the end of the day, the money and material things did not make up for hugs, kisses, deep conversations, and family dinners they did not have in this house. But David kind of did. He filled the longing for love, attention and affection she needed. The attention her father was not giving her. Her parents thought she could do better than David. First of all he was not black, and she got so tired of hearing her parents go on and on about black love. Larissa was sure they would just love Reese and Elisha's relationship and want the same for her. They went on and on about black excellence. Yes, Larissa was all for black love and black excellence but she did not feel they had to be obtained the exact way her parents thought it should.

After all.. she could not help who she loved. David was good to her. He was kind, romantic, and caring. He gave her affection, listened to her and cared about what she cared about. She wanted to be a teacher and loved kids.David had three younger siblings that Larissa bonded with quickly.

Her parents were not thrilled when they found out she wanted to be a teacher.

"We're saving all this money for you and making sure you can go to best schools, and you just want to be a teacher of all things? "Her mother scoffed.

Larissa sat on the couch removing her shoes and socks, feeling the coldness of the tile against her feet. It was so symbolic of how this house felt.

She went to the fridge and took out the Hello Fresh meals read the instructions and put them in the oven. Her thoughts drifted off to David.

She called him.

"Hey babe whats up" he answered.

"Hey getting ready to eat something, what you doing?"

"Oh me too, actually let me call you back, I gotta finish cooking ." He said.

"Your mom not cooking?" She asked.

"No she working tonight" He sighed. "You know how that is" He said knowing she dealt with her parents being away from home but for different reasons. Yes they had demanding jobs but sometimes they chose to work overtime just for more money that they didnt know what to do with.

"Yea i know" she said disappointed.

"Whats wrong baby" he heard the disappointment in her voice.

"Nothing"

"No there's something"

"Im ok"

"I'll call you back, I promise or..you can come over" He said seductively.

"There is no privacy over there" She complained.

"I'll have them go to bed so quick mami you just dont know"

She laughed.

"I cant tonight. Im sorry" she said.

"Just thought I'd ask. I'll call you back on facetime ok?"

"Ok" she said.

They hung up.

A part of her just wanted to drive to his house and bring him back home with her but she knew he could not leave his siblings alone.

She ate and put the left overs away.

She took a shower, picked out her clothes for tomorrow and watched episodes of Bad Boys Houston until David called her back.

 

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

Leave your comments and let me know your thoughts.hope you all are liking the story so far! 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.