Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


On the Enterprise:

Captain Kirk and Commander Spock are sitting at the conference table in the ready room, communicating with Admiral Fitzpatrick with an assignment request.

"Kirk, the federation of planets is requesting your communication officer Uhura to help decipher some artifacts in the Gamma Quadrant. I did request Dr. Grayson, but she and Ambassador Sarek and on another assignment dealing with a critical situation."

"Why Uhura, Admiral?"

"According to Starfleet Central Intelligence, she is the most qualified in her field. You are to rendezvous with the Exeter so that they would escort her to the Gamma Quadrant."

"How long is the duration of this assignment Admiral Fitzpatrick?" asked Spock.

"According to the information provided, it is estimated 4 to 6 weeks, then a rendezvous to bring her back to Enterprise would be arranged."

"Those are your orders, any questions?"

Spock looked at Kirk, and then at Admiral Fitzpatrick.

"No Sir."

"Good day gentlemen, and success to Lt. Uhura on this assignment, out."

Fitzpatrick fades out from the monitor. Kirk turns to Spock.

"Think you can handle being without your wife for a couple of weeks Spock?"

"Lt. Uhura primary position is to serve at the utmost capacity of her profession Captain."

"Right, do you want me to give her the news or should you?"

"I will captain, I will have the preliminary schedule ready to rendezvous with the Exeter to give both Lt. Uhura and you."

"Sounds great Spock": Kirk gets up and leaves back to the bridge.

Spock stays to ponder the situation. He gathers his thoughts about the long distance and time without her. Spock rationalizes that their bond will sustain both of them, regardless of distance and time Nyota is there always. He will tell her tonight during end-meal.

 

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.